Doctor Who shoes...

synasp

Sr Member
Who can ID Rose's jacket?

Also, can someone tell me what Converse the Doctor wears? It looks like white, but there is this off-white version. The screen used one looks more like this off-white version, but it might be due to wear.

Or red? I don't remember the Doctor wearing red during the show--just in promo shots.

Re: Doctor Who Costume Parts...

I think those are confirms as Black chucks...and I am pretty sure the red ones are actually burgundy/maroon no?

Otherwise everyone is right on :)

Which Rose Jacket are you asking about? She wears alot of "Punky Fish" brand clothing, or did in season 1...

Re: Doctor Who Costume Parts...

I agree I dont think the shoes he wears with the blue suit are the red chucks but more of a wine/maroon color. I think try looking under Picante as a color. Some images look rust/orange colored some look wine/maroon colored.

H

Worth remembering as that they take the logo off anyway, you can buy off-brand - I got a $10 of black converse to go with a tux I wore up there last month.

As far as the white converse go. I own a pair of them andthe box clearly says "white" but the shoes are definitely off-white. This of course brings up the question of what color they call the actual white ones. I'm pretty sure I've seen real white ones anyway.

Theres White and then theres Optical White, the off-white ones used to be called just white I think, whereas teh pure bleached white ones are called optical.

yeh be sure you order the right ones. There is indeed two whites......'optical white and off-white and it's the off white ones that are correct. When you first get them, they do seem more yellowish cream in colour but once worn in the look spot on. I'll take some photos of mine if it helps?

Any confirmation that the shoes he wears with the blue suit are just straight red ones? They appears to be darker more wine/maroon color to me.

H

Who can ID Rose's jacket?

Also, can someone tell me what Converse the Doctor wears? It looks like white, but there is this off-white version. The screen used one looks more like this off-white version, but it might be due to wear.

Or red? I don't remember the Doctor wearing red during the show--just in promo shots.

I think I remember the red pair in Smith and Jones? I didn't remember it was with the blue suit until I looked it up. A red pair ends up in the trash in that episode as well. Guess he doesn't wear socks. :lol

http://www.doctorwhoprops.com/costumes.php

It says that they only took the logo off for a promotional photo shoot (to promote the show and not Converse). Is the logo off for shooting the show? I need to go back and watch the dvd's to check.

Another thing about Chucks... I just bought a pair (not for a costume, but just to wear). The logo is on the inner side and not the outer side. I mean that if you put your heels together... the logos could be touching. I didn't know this until I bought them. You can see that over at the site up above, because even though they removed the logo, you can still see the circles where the logo was.

On a side note... I noticed that on the action figure, they just have the pants covering where the logo would be.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back