Doctor Who Season 6 Episode 5 Spacesuits

TheNickFox

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, so when watching the trailer for next week's Who, I couldn't help notice these gorgeous space suits:

Screenshot2011-05-15at42856PM.png

Do we have any other information or better quality (HD?) pictures of them.

They have a very mordern look with a nice hint of tactical gear and a dash of 1950's spacesuit thrown in for good measure, then some 300-style shoulder armor to boot.

I'd love to have one of these...and they seem fairly simple. (Famous last words)

Let's see what we can find out about these. (Risu, I'm looking at you :lol )

-Nick

Short-sleeved space suits? No gloves either way? Naw, those are just environment suits. Might as well be the mynock-masks Han, Leia and Chewie wear in the space slug. SPACE SUIT FAIL.

I very nearly titled this "Series 6 Episode 5 Environment Suits" but decided spacesuits was good enough...guess not. haha

Anyway, I really hope we get to see more of these, because I love the design. It's simple without being boring.

That bodysuit fabric looks like it would be the hardest to track down, but some sort of semi-irridescent brown nylon might be close enough. Guess I'm going to have to wait for the episode...unless you guys are holding out on pictures here.

-Nick

Way to go, fellow New Yorker! Great picture!

Looks like Master Le's "super double top secret plastic" (Read: trashcans) would be perfect for the torso plating.

...and I swear I've see those shoulder guards before on another costume. Either on Doctor Who (Maybe a roman) or possibly in 300. I just can't put my finger on it.

Also, did it HAVE to be leather?! That just bumped the price and complexity up a whole heap of notches. Oh well...

-Nick

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back