Doc Brown Costume?

^ That's a good question FF. I wondered myself too; when people close their eyes and imagine Doc, what outfit is it? I mean generally there is:

1. The Radiation suit on "old Doc" in BTTF

2. The beige sweater and grey overcoat on 1955 Doc

3. The gold over coat, red shirt with Japanese(?) symbols, and red shoes from the back from the future Doc

4. The train printed Hawaiian shirt and olive-khaki cargos in BTTF2

5. The above outfit with a black overcoat from 1985(b) Doc

6. 1885 Doc.

7. The cartoon intro Doc (and BTTF ride outfit) which was his train Hawaiian shirt covered with a lab coat.

For some reason, at least with me, I imagine the cartoon Doc, the Hawaiian shirt and the lab coat. Maybe because it combines his look from 1 and 2. I am curious to know what you guys think.

I've tracked down a guy and am trying to see if he is still making replicas.. He sold one back in December which was not short sleeve like the ones some have gotten.. They are long sleeved and are the closest I have found.. Now just waiting to hear back from him.. But will let you know.. Here are some pics..

docsshirt1.jpg

docsshirt2.jpg

docsshirt3.jpg

If he's still up to doing them, do you want in? May cost a fair bit though, this one went for like $200.. Gonna see how much he'll do them for, just waiting to hear back.. No promises.. :lol

That's great info.

Does anyone have an idea what the deal is with this shirt in the film? I can see it being a foreshadowing of BTTF3 with the train print, but is it supposed to be a "future" shirt?

^ That's a good question FF. I wondered myself too; when people close their eyes and imagine Doc, what outfit is it? I mean generally there is:

1. The Radiation suit on "old Doc" in BTTF

2. The beige sweater and grey overcoat on 1955 Doc

3. The gold over coat, red shirt with Japanese(?) symbols, and red shoes from the back from the future Doc

4. The train printed Hawaiian shirt and olive-khaki cargos in BTTF2

5. The above outfit with a black overcoat from 1985(b) Doc

6. 1885 Doc.

7. The cartoon intro Doc (and BTTF ride outfit) which was his train Hawaiian shirt covered with a lab coat.

For some reason, at least with me, I imagine the cartoon Doc, the Hawaiian shirt and the lab coat. Maybe because it combines his look from 1 and 2. I am curious to know what you guys think.

Man I've been watching the cartoon on youtube a little lately and have the Mcdonalds Marty figure from that show on my TV. I think you're right about the TV show doc. I guess I like the Universal Studios/TV Doc especially if you add the 1025 shades so he can to the "watch" pose.

That's great info.

Does anyone have an idea what the deal is with this shirt in the film? I can see it being a foreshadowing of BTTF3 with the train print, but is it supposed to be a "future" shirt?

Yeah I think it was foreshadowing since Bob n Bob wrote the scripts at the same time i figured it was a tie in to him loving trains in Part 3, and being able to build the Train TM. I also thought it might be foreshadowing since he uses the shirt to make his bandanna mask, when he robs the train.

Yeah.. Would be nice.. Tryign to track down Marty gear.. Found his checkered short, but still looking for the red vest and radiation outfit..

I actually have a few of the train shirts that the ride operators wore at Universal from the now-defunct BTTF: The Ride.

Last one I sold on eBay went for $100, but I've seen 'em go for a bit more, too.

The only difference is that the Ride shirts are short-sleeved and the one from the movie is 3/4, but I can live with the difference. I've also toyed with the idea of finding two shirts with even wear fading and pulling one apart to make the proper length sleeves.

Here's the pics I used for the last auction:

dbs.jpg

bttfII.jpg

Let me know if you're interested...

im interested too, if you have any left

Hi guys!

My first post here but I've been making costume stuff, mostly for Starfest, for a coupla years now.

Anyhoo, this year for Halloween I've decided to build a Doc Brown "Radiation Suit" costume and I'd like to get it as accurate as I can. Pretty sure I won't be able to locate the orange high-top Nikes, but otherwise most of this shouldn't be too difficult, especially since the "radiation suit" is a real white Chem suit I was lucky enough to receive from work.

What I'm wondering is, were the shin triangles and pocket tabs pink or orange? I've seen a pic on Google search of a supposedly screen used suit and both the triangles and tabs were hot pink. Watching the DVD, they are clearly orange, especially when looking at the matching helmet as the band going across the forehead looks very orange. Was that just a result of lighting? Were those parts actually pink? What leads me to believe that they are orange is that the colors match Marty's Rad suit's orange bits.

Also, trying to find the wig, but what I've seen so far online is pretty bad. Any good links in addition to those already posted would be great, firsthand experience would be even better. Ready made costume compaines always post the most flattering pictures of their wigs making it really hard to separate the good ones from the cheapos.

Any help here would be hot.

Thanks!

-Gundark-

I use the original DOC in the Twin Pines Mall outfit. I dress up my Fiat X1/9 as the Time Car. Looking for a better wig. Ordered the Lacey Wig on Ebay. See how it looks by end of week.

Hi. Did anything ever come of the Doc Brown ****r? I am interested in one if possible. Also, the radiation jacket if anyone knows where to get those/

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back