Dericrw's MIKEY TMNT 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Dericrw

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ENTRY FOR MALE IN COSTUME

MIKEY

ABOUT
This year I decided to attempt a TMNT costume and went with my personal favorite MIKEY!

MY BUILD THREAD
http://www.therpf.com/f62/2012-tmnt-replica-costume-sculpt-wait-no-143175/index18.html

HOW
To create the costume I first created lifecasts of most of the individual body parts. Then I used each lifecast as a base to sculpt the character in clay. After the piece was sculpted, I then mold each piece and casted it in silicone. As for the shell it was sculpted along with foam templates, then molded and casted in foam. From there it was painted by Jacob and his father.

CHALLENGES
To begin.... this was my first time ever to sculpt, mold, and cast! So everything was a challenge. Also, to complete the entire build in approximately 6 months! TIMECRUNCH!

ABOUT MYSELF
This is my third year in building replica costumes. I can say each year the end result tops the past. I can't thank the members of the RPF enough. It is where I have researched and learned 90% of what I know.

PROOF PHOTO
file-121.jpg

file-120.jpg

THE FINAL COSTUME
(Photographer: Jacob King)
file-123.jpg

file-125.jpg

file-126.jpg

file-127.jpg

TAKING THE COSTUME AROUND THE BLOCK
file-128.jpg

file-132.jpg

Last edited:
The movie came out my junior/senior year of high school...and I'm pretty sure I watched it so much back then I wore the video tape out! You did an AMAZING job with your sculpt AND paint job. Very nicely done!!

I have been watching your build. I think it is a great suit. After wearing it for halloween. Are you going to modify anything? To hot to wear?

This is a great thread.

WOW!... your TMNT suit turned out really AWESOME man!

I admired your dedication and hard work (you know I'm a fan;):thumbsup)... you have the ability of taking new challenges, new experiences, new knowledge and excel on it... just AMAZING man.

I remember last year you started your ironman suit and that was the first time you used fiberglass... this year you started making this TMNT rubber suit and its your first time to sculpt... man you are bound for greatness!

Congrats my friend!

Keep building awesomeness:)... cheers!

Hello, I just joined this forum. Im from Madill Oklahoma which is pretty close to.Ardmore...I saw that you were going to try to sell the figures when they are completed. My goal is to have the largest TMNT collection in the state of Oklahoma, and I absolutely love your.wprk. What would your adking price be per unit? Im especially interested in Mikey bc he was always my favorite! :) please respond to godrulz3000@yahoo.com when you can, just in case i dont see your response on here. Thanks!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back