Dark Knight Foam/Styrene DONE with Pics

Re: Dark Knight Foam/Styrene Updated with Template

Working on some templates. Everything will probably need to be scaled. Hopefully I will get some more time to work on it!

Nice work on th' templates Egon. Lookin forward ta seein more of ya progress.

This is such a great build. Looking forward to seeing some more progress

Hey Guys,

A few updates (no pics at work.) I'm rethinking this build. I am going to be redoing the ab plates with the better templates I made and posted above. Those are traced from a promo photo of the Batman. I'm designing shoulder templates and have a fairly accurate tricep armor template that I will add tonight. The past few days have really been thinking about how the armor is constructed, strapped up and connected. I've been working off of screen shots from the HD copy I have. Mostly focusing on when Lucious shows Bruce the suit in the RandD dept. hopefully more to come soon!

This build is looking really good the way it is, I'm sure with your redesign it'll be even better. Keep up the great work.

Hey Guys,

small update with the tricep template, it will need to be scaled to fit you most likely. Still trying to figure out how the strapping works on the upper portion. Almost looks like the connects with the shoulder and or the shoulder and tricep are one piece. anyone know??

Here is a template for syntra or styrene that can be scored and folded. bit more accurate.

Re: Dark Knight Foam/Styrene Fresh Start

So I started fresh. Newly constructed with yoga mats and 6mm black foamies. The yoga mat patch i tested didnt take spray paint well. tips?

I am still highly dissatisfied with the chest...especially the bottom section. I think I need some fresh ideas on how to tackle it. I am also working on a way of constructing the shoulder bells with the foam with as few seems as possible. We shall see how that goes.

As far as the undersuit, I am thinking of possibly doing a construction similar to the UD replicas suit, but with a zipper in the back or in the front and have the ab armor and chest be almost like flaps and velcro on the opposite side. Thoughts? anyone done anything similar that I can base this build off of?

Automotive primer seemed to do the trick on the foam.

Your work just gets better and better. Very creative and great job with the design and building. Can't wait to see more!

Re: Dark Knight Foam/Styrene New Photos

Been keepin busy. I'll get a pic of it suited up tomorrow after work!

This is absolutely incredible. For 5 years now I've been looking for something like this. I have one very important question.
About what size are you scaling the largest part of the chest to?
I've looked at a lot of reference pictures but it's very hard to tell.
Thanks again! Great build!

Hey Egon, nice update really likin th' foam an th' way it adds texture an details ta th' suit!!!! Btw have ya tried usin plasti dip on th' foam before addin paint that's what Jordan ,stealth and some others been usin ta seal th' foam on their builds.

laugh it up furball!!!! sent from my sapphire / dream

The chest is 14inches wide. In retrospect, I should have made it a bit smaller for more mobility. I'm 5'11'' and about 190lbs if that helps.

Thanks a billion man. I actually am exactly 190lb and 5 11. I'm going to buy some EVA foam from SAMS as soon as I finish my wooden thor hammer and give this a shot.

Seriously, this was a brilliant idea.

Thanks again!

Thank you! All of you guys.

I'll get the shoulder template up soon. The way I assembled it could be better, but it works for now. That will make more sense soon...trying to bounce between work, other work, friends, sleep and this.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back