D00R's Halloween Costume Contest Couple Entry: Submisision Beetlejuice & Lydia

D00R

I always wanted to make a Beetlejuice costume since I was a kid, I soo want Tim Burton to make another Beetlejuice movie and Work with Michael Keaton again, he is just too damn entertaining.

I got her the the oversized Sun Hat at a bookstore in LA that has all toys and clothes, for her birthday, she loved it and that was the start of our costumes that hat.

For her clothes we went to the Goodwill, we shop there anyway cause were poor / : we get all our stuff second hand and its the best stuff I think, and unique finds too.

The loong skirt, the black long sleeve shirt we got there, and her beads are just costume beads we got at stationary store when we were out exploring the neighborhood.
her boots are from ebay we got pretty cheap she needed new shoes soo they weren't for the costume.

for Our wigs

the Lydia Wig Nat got it at Ebay for 13bucks! from China, we were getting worried it wasn't going to get here in time came 3 days before Halloween! It was way curlyer than she thought so she used a falt iron to smooth it out, on low not to melt the wig.

bj4k.jpg

for the bangs i cut the bangs thinner and into sharp pointed shape for each of the 5 strips, and sprayed them with superhold hairspray and hair taffy stuff she had..

bj3q.jpg

she did her make up Geisha White, that what the make up is called from the Halloween store, it came out not to white and not to peach colored, perfect for that away from the sun look.

she also smudged brown eyeliner under her eyes to give herself bags.

the book we printed out an image of the book at the Library and i made a book cover for one of our many books at home to go on.

and this is Lydia ( :

lydiadeat2s.jpg

she wears a large Sun Hat, Colored button up shirt, long skirt, and boots.

I Had no idea what to do for Beetlejuice thats why I never made a BJ costume in the first place. Ive seen peoples on the internet and they looked pretty cool but none really made me see Michael Keatons Deviousness in it so I always wanted to give it a shot but had no idea how.

I started off with the Wig, the one they sell is AWFUL I knew I had to do a lot of editing to get it looking decent.

I started cutting the hair shorter because the length was way to long. I ripped out the hair that was sewn to close to the temples too. Beetlejuice has a very high hairline, they made the wig soo off! I dethreaded the hair on the wig, they sewn the wig into strips of hair that doesn't cover all the scalp unfortunately. so dethread don't rip it out or the rubber bald cap will tear.

bj10.jpg

img7350f.jpg

look at all this they waste putting on this wig in the wrong spots.
img6580d.jpg

this is what I ended up with ( :

bj2c.jpg

for the suit i couldn't find a Beetlejuice costume ANYWHERE. I ordered one on ebay it never arrived i cancelled my order 3 days before Halloween, no halloween stores had it, one did but they wanted 70 dollars for it / : i just couldn't afford it. IT DIDNT EVEN COME WITH THE WIG and they wanted that much for it!

I ended up getting it on Craigslist! A guy was selling a bunch of halloween costumes he had, i got it for twenty bucks, it had all black make up on the arm and side of the lapel but i washed it and most of it came out ( :

for the make up, i used a ghost white and smeared it on, then to make it whiter i dabbed it on repeatlively.

for the eyes I used Purple and Brown eye makeup.

for the moss I drew it on with a green eyeliner makeup. down the top of the baldcap, on my facial hair and down my neck.

and i glued on the baldcap with liquid laytex to smooth out the rough line the crumby wig had.

89405904.jpg

for the stomach I used a tote i had and put one rolled up long sleeve shirt in it. I just wore the handles around my neck ( :

bj7e.jpg

and it looks fairly realistic

bj9y.jpg

For the hands I used the same ghost white make up and had Natasha smear it on then dab it on my hands and wrists, we handed green for the moss with an green eyeliner makeup.
we also put a makeup setting powder to make my hands dry but it didnt work that good not bad just not well enough for the make up to not come of my hands.

to finish the costume, Nat found me a perfect faded purplish shirt at Goodwill and I used my own tie and put on my work Boots and a cheap toy ring with a red plastic ruby and you say BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE!
beej2.jpg

We went to West Hollywood in California for the Halloween event.
Our costumes were such a hit people were fighting over taking a picture with us. We couldn't walk one foot without people yelling Beetlejuice 3 times. It was Awesome :D

bjlyds.png

bjlydiadeets2.png

bjlyds4.png

Thanks for looking! I hope we have a Goodshot at the contest :D we love these Characters and were soo Happy to share it with people on Halloween and Bring back memories from a Great movie.

Last edited:
Re: Beetlejuice & Lydia

Very nice outfits.
It is always nice to have that feeling.
When your outfit is so badass that everyone wants a piece of you.
I want to make the beetlejuice and Lydia tv show versions and the movie wedding scene outfits.

Re: Beetlejuice & Lydia

Great job on the costumes. I remember seeing you, we went Wolverine, Beetle Juice, Wolverine, Beetle Juice, Wolverine, Beetle Juice. Do you remember?

lmao we did? haha Awesome!!
It was a blast seeing everyone dressed up, Ive never experienced anything like that on Halloween it was better than a convention, Everyone had on a costume in West Hollywood, soo Amazing!

You were standing near the center divider with Lydia and I walked up in my Wolverine origins costume, with the claws I got from Darkside501 from this forum. I was with my friends dressed up as a San Fran. Giants fan, Shawn White with a snowboard. This was my 6th year to go out there, I wore my Stormtrooper costume for many years. I noticed Lydia looked so much like Winona Ryder.

Great costumes!

This entry still needs a proof pic and a gallery pic. Please post a proof pic in this thread by 10pm tonight (no makeup needed, just a quick shot of you, the clothes, and an "RPF 2012" sign).

For the final gallery shot you need to post it here: 2012-10 - Halloween Costume Contest - the RPF Gallery

Good luck! :thumbsup

Jonathan Mazza
img8028w.jpg

Natasha Spickenreuther
img8030o.jpg

THANK YOU for the heads up! I just ran to the coffee shop, we dont have internet at home, i took a pic of me with a sign and with our costumes.

Nat took a pic and texted it to me holding a sign too. i'm about to post it :)!!

Last edited:
Thanks Guys!! we came in 2nd which is Awesome!! No one i knew even cared to vote for us, but all the people on this Forum did and you guys don't even know us you just loved our costumes, that made us soo happy!! ( :

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back