Costume Building newb

pushnotif

Hey guys i'm new to this costume building stuff and i learned quite a lot of things and tried to correct some of my mistakes considering i started 2 days ago xD. Im actually using foam for my build which is an iron man helmet and it doesnt look really good as it turns out i used a thick foam :\ and its a b*tch to work with especially with the curves. i would like to build the whole suit though which would be a very cool achievement for me. If you guys have any tips or suggestions i'd be glad :D thanks to stealth, xrobots and a bunch of other guys from here with their tutorials and files

well just basic stuffs for now like how to choose the proper foam, how to apply hot glue cleanly, i'll check your thread thanks :)

depending on what suit you wanna make. 3, 6 , 10mm is the most commonly used.
Also check out JFcustom thread for more tips.

im going for a mark 3, i read your thread and decided to pass on the helmet for now im thinking of starting with either the legs or arms, quick question though how do you wear the boots part?

what do you mean how to wear the boot?
toe first then ankle? left foot first. :D

Mine had no soles, so it is more like a cage for my actual shoes (in my case flip-flops).
I made the 10mm soles on my Mk42 boot, but that is for indoor, very flat surface only.
Haven't do field testing them yet.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back