Cornelius from Planet of the Apes

Jessica

Working on one of my obsessions. I'm going to make a foam latex appliance out of this project.

DSC01900.jpg
DSC01899.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

Last edited:
Starting from the left, Cornelius, Zira I and Zira II (my 2nd sculpt). Not perfect foam latex but just enough to let me see how the mold makes casts.

DSC01944.jpg

Arraaagh!!! Don't cut his poor nose off! :eek

I think these masks you make are just SUPERB! Exactly like the series and original movies!

I miss sculpting I want to start doing full size masks and stuff like this, after I complete my molds for my APC kit its sculptng time this is a cool subject and it looks like old Cornie.

I'm reworking the sculpt. I want the Cornelius prosthetics to be as expressive as Zira's so I am thinning down where I can. It sucks the positive I am sculpting on is a little crooked and leans to the right so that is throwing off my sculpting...but it's what I got so I'm going to have to make it work.

I would love to find an individual brave enough to be glued down under this and hit the next Wondercon wearing Escape from the Planet of the Apes outfits. I think my friend is coming over for Wondercon and wants to be glued down but he doesn't have the right build and I'm sure he's way taller than I am. At least I know I won't be the only ape in town.

DSC07724.jpg

DSC07722.jpg

Last edited:
If I was on the west coast I would do it in a heartbeat!

I have not been in a Ape-liance in over 30 years!

You should be able to find somebody to volunteer

I believe Ive seen you before at Wondercon.
I had stopped you to let you know just how wonderful you looked.
If this was you...... but it seems that theres no other women devoted to the "apes" like you.
Your work is great!

Hey, Jessica! You know, the more I look at this, the more I see Roddy in it! Totally brilliant sculpt, made by a lovely, wonderfully talented lady!
Love and respect
Darren

I think I've cleaned him up as best as I can. In the next few days I will pour an Ultracal30 mold, time-permitting. Wish me luck.

DSC07753.jpg

DSC07749.jpg

DSC07750.jpg

DSC07752.jpg

I was told that the gutter/channels for the foam overflow are too far apart from the actual appliance, so I'm going to march the edges of the monster clay towards the appliance before I make a mold of this. It just worked so well for Zira's foam latex that I thought it was the way to go. Guess not! I'm learning!!

It's really thick as well. It doesn't need to be but it's not an issue... You could throw some keys in there as well. You'll get better edges with your flashing closer and with a tighter fit which the keys will help provide.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back