Child's Jack Sparrow Costume build

another belt test fitting....

ThankYouJill.jpg

A SUPER BIG THANK YOU TO SWAGARTS.COM for the mini Jack size animal pelts!

This is a fantastic build Mojo! Love the tiny belts! Your Wiki is an incredible addition to the Jack Sparrow costume world too!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and comments!

Mini Baldric: got the vinyl fabric and it came in a humongous box! I am going to have tons of scrap left over....

Stage One:

IMG_20110423_104226.jpg

This is my one yard vs my full sized "adult" JAT Baldric

I also bought the trim as well, I got a 3/4 yard at Joanne's (on sale) for like $9

Stage Two:

minibaldricprogress2.JPG

Stage Three:

MiniBaldric23.jpg

NOTES: so it was a 100% vinyl build. But it's 2x thick almost - so durable enough for a 3 year old playing. At this point, I don't know what I am going to do with a scabbard and how it will "stay in" the baldric frog.

I am using a super strong plastic glue, which in hindsight I am regretting. I am finding that super glue works better.

Last edited:
Holy hell, That tiny baldric is gonna be SWEET! Thats a LOT of vinyl for a yard, might have to look at doing a new baldric for myself wih that. You're a master Mojo!

Baldric_Declan.jpg

Home stretch, just some tightening, last minute gluing and I need to make the ringy thing that goes on the belty part that holds the endy thing in place..... you know, technical belt talk.

I didn't really think that he would wear a lot of the "extra stuff." It's basically stuff from the Jack costume, but doesn't work very well for walking around Halloween or play time. The first thing are the rings:

mini_Jack_rings_ref.JPG

The far left two skull rings come from the Cannibal playset and the Compass playset and the next three rings come from the new On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow dress up, and then the last gold ring, (the flower ring) comes from the Cannibal playset.

mini_sword_compare1.jpg

In the above pictures I have been using a Disneyland sword, but in the Dress up set it came with a more accurate JS sword... it just doesn't have a scabbard. What to do....

You could do what I did for a scabbard Mojo, I used 3mm foamies, and traced a rough shape of the sword onto an A3 sheet of Black, I added enough on either end for a folded edge, and for the bent tip. I also had the seam for the join, on the underside of the blade.

I folded the edge *that sits against the hilt* over, so it'd end up on the outside, and glued the seam closed. A shot of brown spraypaint, and Voila, Cheap durable scabbard.

Brilliant! Absolutely fantastic :D All the details really bring it all together!

On a side note..... Its impossible to find that baldric vinyl in Australia!

Just saw a mini Kuchi for sale... so it aint over!!!! I also have leads on mini SA baldric conchos.... this is a sickness....

bugguh.... lost a concho back at Disneyland. The conchos don't screw in tight enough because of the thin pleather, so my son is getting MY Sith Camaro conchos... (and they are being glued in place)

finishedminibaldric2.JPG

finishedminibaldric1.JPG

well... when you finish one costume it's only natural to start another and who better test subject that a defenseless child... now .... what to do about my wife....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back