Casey Jones mask from Pepakura

Weaselhammer

Sr Member
Not much to this build really, I got my friend Alan to put together a Pep model of a Casey Jones mask I downloaded a while back. I believe it is a Dung0beetle file.
View attachment 113143

I coated the mask with polyester resin on the outside with 2 coats, enough for it to hold its shape
View attachment 113144

I then slushed a few coats of Smoothcast 321 inside the mask to give it some thickness, once that cured I sanded down the high spots with 80 grit paper.
View attachment 113145

After a few thin coats of body filler (it didn't take much), I smoothed it out pretty easy.
View attachment 113146

After wet sanding to 1,000 grit, I painted it white, all that's left is the leather straps and a golf bag full of blunt objects !

This was just a quick personal project, Since I did not create the Pep file and do not have permission to sell anything made from it, I will not be making any copies. I have seen a few other masks that are screen accurate to the movie that are being offered by other members in the junkyard. Thanks for looking !

When your friend built the file, did he rescale the unfolds?
I didn't and have to say the mask turned out pretty big! I guess rescaling it -10 % is the answer! ;)

As far as difficulty goes, this one is much easier than say, an Iron Man or a Master Chief helmet. It's probably a good one to start with. As far as scaling goes, this one is a bit oversized, because so is my fat head, lol. 10% sounds about right for scaling it down.

The differences are subtle, but I feel makes a world of difference. I added some thickness to the brow area with some apoxiesculpt and repainted it in flat white instead of gloss. Right now I have a nylon strap attached but will get some leather ones done down the road.

View attachment 115072

The differences are subtle, but I feel makes a world of difference. I added some thickness to the brow area with some apoxiesculpt and repainted it in flat white instead of gloss. Right now I have a nylon strap attached but will get some leather ones done down the road.

View attachment 115072

You have to repaint your phone .... :rolleyes

Cool work, seems to be a good item to start with pepakura

You have to repaint your phone .... :rolleyes

Cool work, seems to be a good item to start with pepakura

Lol ! you're right ! painting a phone case white can never last long, I'm probably going to order another one, I need something geeky . And thanks !

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back