Capt. Jack Sparrow from COTBP.

ChaseKiefer

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone,

This was a project I completed for Megacon this year. I've always loved the character and costume of Capt. Jack but the price of it always kept me from pursuing it. After a ton of research and pondering I finally decided that I could make just about everything for it. I went with the Curse of the Black Pearl version of Jack because it is my favorite film, and his costume has less pieces. Here are some pics from last week at Tampa Bay Comic Con, and Megacon in march.
jacksp4.jpgjacksp5.jpgjasksp1.jpgjasksp2.jpgjasksp3.jpg

The wig, beads, shirt, pants, waistcoat, compass, belt, baldric, buckles, boots, and wrist adornments are all made from scratch.
The pistol, ring, and sash were bought, heavily modified & weathered.
The sword and sheath are from Indy Magnoli.
Total build time was 3 months, and cost was roughly $450. For the price I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm slowly going to upgrade to more accurate pieces. Thanks for reading.

Looks like you need to weather the costume more. Remember: pirate! No stark-white shirts, bright colors, and mint-looking sashes. ;) Coffee, charcoal, shoe polish, sandpaper, and tea!

That's the one thing about these pictures I don't like. It is weathered, but with all costumes you have to REALLY weather it for it to show up in pictures. In my case, I haven't weathered it enough to show up.

You truly do, otherwise it just won't show up. And sometimes you don't even know where you're at until after you have some photos taken. But you've got a good start, now all you have to do it take the weathering to the next level. ;) Also consider adding "dirt" to your face and hands to make them more grimey-looking. Black eyeshadow works wonders!

the makeup is another thing I want to nail. I would like to get grease paint as that is what was used in the films, but I'm too cheap. I've been using water based leather dye. It looks pretty good, and would work for a base layer, but it doesn't give a really dirty look.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back