CA TFA helmet correct buckle found!!!

GF

Sr Member
After some research I finally found the correct buckle design and size used on the TFA movie helmet, just received my samples today from a Oversea manufacturer and it's pretty darn close, here's some comparisation photos, you be the judge. I'm waiting to see if they have a Canada/USA supplier that carry the same exact model.

The helmet pictured (mine) seen with the original buckle that came with the JM leather kit, as you can see the correct buckle is very small and super thin and matches the movie version..

GFollano

Attachments

• Copy of AC original helmet.jpg
    Copy of AC original helmet.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I'd also like to know where to order 1. If the supplier is near my part of the world I'd be happy to act as intermediary on a bulk purchase - if that helps others?

Thats what I was afraid of, can't seem to get more unless I buy a minimum of 1000 yikes!!! I will post if I find some rest assured, at least I have the correct samples as refference.

GFollano

Hey GF, I actually ended up just getting a 5/8" size standard metal buckle that's not screen accurate but looks a lot more proportional than the ones that come from JM Leather Studios. I believe the buckles they send are 3/4", they're pretty massive. I also got my local leather guy to make a thinner 5/8" chin strap as the one that comes from JM is also too thick.

I'll post pics over the weekend in Finhead's helmet thread when I get my lid back tomorrow.

Hey GF, I actually ended up just getting a 5/8" size standard metal buckle that's not screen accurate but looks a lot more proportional than the ones that come from JM Leather Studios. I believe the buckles they send are 3/4", they're pretty massive. I also got my local leather guy to make a thinner 5/8" chin strap as the one that comes from JM is also too thick.

I'll post pics over the weekend in Finhead's helmet thread when I get my lid back tomorrow.

Great! would love to see photos

BTW the smaller buckles I found are actually 3/4" like the one that came with the kit, the buckle are smaller but the loops are made for 3/4 straps, I just installed the new buckles, I will take photos and post later today.

GFollano

Here's a quick comparison pick of a 5/8 vs 3/4 buckle that you can buy anywhere. GF, I'm also going to post pics of my setup on Finhead's thread now, should be up in a few minutes.
20121005072030353.jpg

You know what, after further comparisation I think on the original helmet they used the same style buckle I found but 5/8" mine is 3/4" but they didn't have 5/8" in that model.

GFollano

Damn you for posting the helmet with the right buckle! ;) Now it'll be harder for me to live with the buckle I picked.

You know what, after further comparisation I think on the original helmet they used the same style buckle I found but 5/8" mine is 3/4" but they didn't have 5/8" in that model.

GFollano

It's close enough! It's because the 3/4 chin strap looks a bit too thick, a 5/8 strap looks closer to the screen version. You can always swap out your chin strap for a 5/8 one, it'll still fit with that buckle.

Even my girlfriend mentioned when I first got the leather set that the 3/4 chin strap practically covers half my face, haha.

Damn you for posting the helmet with the right buckle! ;) Now it'll be harder for me to live with the buckle I picked.

It's close enough! It's because the 3/4 chin strap looks a bit too thick, a 5/8 strap looks closer to the screen version. You can always swap out your chin strap for a 5/8 one, it'll still fit with that buckle.

Even my girlfriend mentioned when I first got the leather set that the 3/4 chin strap practically covers half my face, haha.

Your absolutely right, the chin straps should be 5/8" to be honest my buckle still looks too big, ideally is to find my buckle style in 5/8" and put a 5/8" strap.

GFollano

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back