Borgia Renaissance Mask (ACII Trailer)

Kickpuncher

Hello

For the last two hours I have been working on a model of the Borgia Renaissance Mask from the trailer to Assassin's Creed II on commission by a friend.

I've been using Blender and thought it might be fun to share my progress.

Keep in mind it's not finished yet there are still things needed to be done.

maskp.png

mask2u.png

Things to be done:

After looking closer at the screen capture I noticed there isn't very much at all (if any) definition of nostrils. It's hard to tell with the gold things. I think I might just make it less rounded.

There is a cheek detail which is included (I don't know how obvious it is to ya'll) but there is also a similar line going downwards from the nostrils that I haven't done yet.

Figure out what to do for the gold parts. Any ideas are welcomed and appriciated. I don't know weather to model them in blender or make them post creating.

I plan to use Pepakura and fiberglassing to create the first mask, then if everything goes well I'll look into options for reproduction.

Criticism is welcomed.

Okay so half way through the first build, the nose needs to be WAY bigger and there is also a piece indented that shouldn't be. Easy fix.

interesting idea. I just googled it and it seems pretty easy to make at home. It's to be microwaved I noticed, would a finished mask be microwave safe?? lol.

I'm really impressed with this so far and looking forward to seeing the end result! The amendments you suggested sound good, but I would also suggest making the bridge of the nose a little too wide and could be a bit more hooked looking to make it more angular.

Sitting on the edge of my seat for this one! Hoping you will like to share the pep file!

You can buy puff paint in an arts and crafts store like Michaels. Some don't need heat treatment to puff; others require a shot of steam from a steam iron to puff.

yeah I'm from NZ so that's a bit difficult... I'll take it to a craft shop and see what they'll suggest.

Of course I'll share the pep file! I just want it to be perfect before I release it :)

updateei.png

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back