Bionic Commando "Rad" Spencer Build and Bionic Arm!

El Fett

Sr Member
I dunno if you guys have already played this game or not. It got so so reviews but I've been having a blast playing it. The multiplayer can be addictive too. Anyways, this is the new character design for spencer...

The_Bionic_commando_by_arcipello.jpg

And there are many photos floating around from last year's E3 of a Bionic Claw that you could try on the floor. Any clues as to who made it and how to get your hands on one???

rearmed07150877.jpg

2672294690_c0df299609.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Bionic Commando Claw (Help me track down!)

At the risk of sounding silly, have you tried contacting the people at Capcom through their website? Chances are pretty good that they paid someone to create that piece as a promotional item and they might be willing to share some of that details.

Once upon a time I knew folks who worked at Capcom, but no longer or I'd put out a feeler for you. (To be clear I no longer have contacts at Capcom).

- TGM

At the risk of sounding silly, have you tried contacting the people at Capcom through their website? Chances are pretty good that they paid someone to create that piece as a promotional item and they might be willing to share some of that details.

Once upon a time I knew folks who worked at Capcom, but no longer or I'd put out a feeler for you. (To be clear I no longer have contacts at Capcom).

- TGM

Well that's the thing, a bunch of people have asked via forums on the capcom site. They (capcom) posted pics of the very arm arriving at their offices from Japan but there isn't an answer on where it was made specifically or by whom?! This is why I need to dig deeper and asked your guys' help!

Well I don't know but if you hurry to the Yodobashi Camera Multimedia in Akiba Japan there will be a promotional event there on June 13th and the producer Ben Judd will apparently be there with the arm in tow:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/bc/thebionicworld/promotion.html

You can ask him yourself!! ...seriously though if this was made by someone in Japan you may or may not be able to track it down without Capcom providing some info.

Here's Ben yammering about some dude from Sweden who apparently made his own arm for less than 1200 yen:
http://www.capcom-fc.com/bc/2009/03/post_37.html

Feel free to try googling for バイオニック コマンドー and バイオニックアーム and see if you can come up with anything. Maybe throw in コスプレ for good measure.

Sorry bro I'd look harder, but I'm one of the folks who thought this game was pretty mediocre.

- TGM

How much is 1200 yen!!??? Like 3 bucks?

I need to learn how to read ASIAN! geez...I can't figure out what the hell's goin on the sites I find...

I wouldn't call the game mediocre...it did fall short a lil bit in some aspects but not mediocre.... :(

Very roughly speaking you can figure about 100 yen per USD. So it would be about $12.

Not Asian bud, Japanese ;)

Sorry, just my opinion. My one buddy did have some pretty strong words for the invisible floating radiation fields though. Makes me laugh out loud just thinking about him describing them. :lol

- TGM

No luck at all...this sucks...I guess I'll just have to wait till one pops up on ebay...Not being able to read or understand japanasian also hurts this quest of mine...

Could you not get the gamemodel of the arm and make it into Pepakura ?

Could you not get the gamemodel of the arm and make it into Pepakura ?

:thumbsup Now that's a winner.

I'm pretty sure this was not a costuming piece made as a for sale item in Japan by some company like Cospa(used merely as an example). It looks like someone was paid professionally to produce it by Capcom for their use as a promotional item.

So I'm thinking it is probably unlikely you will see them start turning up on ebay.... or maybe more appropriately Yahoo Japan since it was apparently Japanese in origin.

- TGM

So I've been playing this $hitty game again and It prompted me to revive this investigation. Here's some more pics I found online. If anyone has a good lead on this, I'd appreciate it :)

FYI - I've never seen one sell on ebay, craigslist or ANYWHERE but with Grin going out of business I'm sure these are floating around somewhere...

7G7I2364.jpg

bionic-commando-rearmed-20080731021604150.jpg

tumblr_lflx2jQlr11qbh0lno1_500.jpg

Here's a link to one of their hilarious commercials when it was first released:

Bionic Commando Fireman Kitten Rescue - YouTube

Thanks!

Re: Bionic Commando Promotional Arm (Help me track down!)

I know this is a bit old, but if you're still looking for it I can tell you this much:

I have it on good authority that a Bionic Commando arm that was built (at least one, I don't know if several were made) is kept at Capcom USA HQ in California. No idea who specifically should be asked, but if you can get in contact with them NOT on Unity, maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Thanks for the lead CosBlade, this is still a cold case file for me. I figured they'd at least had to have one, if not the one out here. The company behind the game (Grin) has since gone out of business.

Last edited:

My original post is from 2009. 4 years later, my quest continues to find or make this piece. If you or anyone you know is interested in helping me put this together or wants to be commissioned for it. Please PM me or reply here. Since I could never get my hands on the original promo item, I am now either building this myself or getting bids from anyone interested in building it for me. Either way, I will rock the bionic claw one day! I'm a very determined person lol.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back