Bane Build

dme

OPcPn_zpse7007ee1.jpg

I've started my Bane build recently. I thought I'd share some pics of the progress so far. I have someone helping make the armor/vest and stuff. So far I have received the unpainted mask from GCFX, got boots, pants, knee pads, and we've finished the wrist guard thing. Here's some pics of me with the mask and arm guard, and some of the current progress on the vest (very early stage right now, so don't judge that too harshly yet. In the last one I just laid the 1/3rd finished front part on my with the straps on top to get an idea of how the colors would look. Haha. Let me know what you think.

9c8e5bba.jpg

1dd41403.jpg

cc225a7b.jpg

66376fb2.jpg

a2dd8909.jpg

UPDATE:
Progress is very slow on this vest, unfortunately. :( I'm starting to see it's potential though. This only the [still incomplete] first layer of the outer vest. I just draped it over me for a picture.

d75d6878.jpg

UPDATE:
Got the mask painted today. Hard to capture how it really looks in a picture, but here you go. Also, a video: Bane Mask / Impression - YouTube

532d58c9.jpg

813c8fd7.jpg

f9b2e136.jpg

UPDATE:
Making more progress on the vest.

Photo%20on%209-19-12%20at%2012.55%20PM_zps0b4be517.jpg

UPDATE:
image_zps324c69bb.jpg

UPDATE:
Got the main part of the armor done. Now all that's left is the belt and inside vest. To take some pics, I wrapped a normal belt around the armor to hold it on, so that won't actually be there in the final product.

Photoon9-25-12at1051AM_zps526c96b1.jpg

Photoon9-25-12at1044AM_zpsf6651ccb.jpg

Photoon9-25-12at1046AM_zps6e148afc.jpg

Photoon9-25-12at1054AM_zps2cb25c6a.jpg

UPDATE:
image_zps459e76ac.jpg

UPDATE:
The only things left is the inner vest (which is just a normal vest, so it shouldn't be difficult) and a belt buckle. The one in the pics is just a placeholder made out of cardboard.

IMG_1299_zpsf92c7cb9.jpg

IMG_1300_zps8794c97a.jpg

IMG_1301_zps2d898c98.jpg

UPDATE:
Now all that's left is a real belt buckle. Let me know what you think.

IMG_1302_zps8880df5d.jpg

IMG_1304_zps79734a1c.jpg

UPDATE:
How's this for the belt buckle?

image_zps5d407cec.jpg

UPDATE:
Got the belt finished. That should about wrap this build up. I'll try to get a hold of a photographer to get some good pics of me. Let me know what you think.

image_zps089a0715.jpg

UPDATE:
Wow... Every half decent halloween contest/party around here requires that I be 21 to enter. They decided not to tell that little detail until recently... after I got done with the costume. I won't be getting much use of this any more.

Selling it: Replica Bane Costume Complete Custom Built as Seen on Reddit | eBay

Last edited:
Nice work, the mask looks spot on! More to the point it looks like you definatly put the time in at the gym to look the part, good for you brother!

Man you have got to put up how you made that mask or where you got it. I cannot find any way to get/make a spot on one

Stay Strong,
Thomas Hinson

Progress is very slow on this vest, unfortunately. :( I'm starting to see it's potential though. This only the [still incomplete] first layer of the outer vest. I just draped it over me for a picture.

d75d6878.jpg

I myself am attempting a bane build as well, yours looks really good so far.

Helpful suggestion, the military shoulder straps you have are LCE(load carrying equip) straps, a more accurate strap is the ALICE ruck sack shoulder straps. The real only difference is the adjustment buckle that has the red loop. I picked up some today for $15.

If you go to hobby lobby they sell a piece of texture that will "stiffen" up your vest and give it more form to the body. I think your using carpet pad?

Just trying to help, the mask looks sick.

I myself am attempting a bane build as well, yours looks really good so far.

Helpful suggestion, the military shoulder straps you have are LCE(load carrying equip) straps, a more accurate strap is the ALICE ruck sack shoulder straps. The real only difference is the adjustment buckle that has the red loop. I picked up some today for $15.

If you go to hobby lobby they sell a piece of texture that will "stiffen" up your vest and give it more form to the body. I think your using carpet pad?

Just trying to help, the mask looks sick.

These were the only straps available in the store when I went shopping. I was planning on getting some red parachute cord or whatever it's called to put on there. Not sure if that's what you were talking about, though. This is just the first layer of the outer portion of the vest. His is like a normal vest he's wearing, then has the armor portion that covers the front and sides and is strapped and pulled tight with the straps and belt stuff. I plan to have a thicker nylon layer for the back of the armored bit, then the foam, then the front layer in the pictures. Once that's pulled close to my body it should look pretty good. If it's too thick or rigid looking I can look into other options, but it should be good.

Wow you definitely have the Bane look going, are you using "venom" too? I lol

Haha, thanks. What exactly do you mean about using "venom"?

you might wanna look into another mask...as that one seems way to big on your head mate

I'm actually pretty surprised it even fit me. lol. I have trouble finding hats that fit my big head normally. I guess losing weight has helped that. This seems to be one of the more accurate masks (design wise) and once I do some good padding in there it will look fine to me. Even just stuffing some in there to get something all the way to my face makes it look better than nothing in there.

Thanks for the input everyone. Now if I can just get the lady to come and work on it with me more consistently. :(

I think the mask looks fine, yours is definitely one of the best Bane builds and it doesn't hurt when you look the part too!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back