Assassin's Creed IV: Edward Kenway WIP

DarkVenom

This costume project is going to be the assassin, Edward Kenway, from the new video game to be released in early November of 2013. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
I'll post progress pictures as fast as I can the only reason why the wont be frequent is because my son was just born so I am a little busy HeHe :) But if you have any recommendations on how I can do this all criticism and advice is welcome! thanks! :)
so stay tuned and if you want to really see ALL of my works then go to my signature and check out my DeviantArt page for more cool props and costumes! ENJOY!

Picture of Edward Kenway:

Last edited:
Re: Assassin's Creed 4 BF: Edward Kenway

If I were you I'd use foam. Light as a feather, easy to shape, and a solid medium if you know how to use it. Foam and fake leather ought to do it. Good luck!

Leather covered foam would be a good start if you were more concerned about the weight issue, not sure if you have ref pics I was looking for some myself so if you need them here is a couple I got from screen caps.

Chest Skull
BlackFlagchestbuckle.jpg

Gun Dragon?
BlackFlagchestbuckle2.jpg

Rear Armour
BlackFlagRearArmour.jpg

I'm unsure how much ref pics are out there at the moment as its all quite new, but hope it helps, i'm sure you will have yours well away before I even start :D:thumbsup

Last edited:

That costume is growing on me.

Fake leather will be a lot worse than real leather. Leather breathes, fake leather is decorative plastic sheeting. It holds in heat and sweat, you'll be dying in that costume.

Not to say this costume won't be good, but it's too much like it's predecessors, and IMO I will never play the game, I can't stand the thought of Assassins of the Caribbean! Good luck by the way ;)

-The Armorer

I really like this costume. I'm subscribed and going to watch this thread with hopes of doing my own.

Those pistols are awesome!

I am also going to be working on this costume for a local con. We should pool resources, Two heads are better than one when it comes to this sort of thing. I was wondering the same about the vest/harness thing but I will likely go with leather as I am more of a "realism" cosplayer. I tend to go more for "what would this character look like if it were in the real world than an exact copy of the game/show.

Well i had some time today with my son sleeping in my arms to work on this skull should piece. Hope you enjoy:)

My skull shoulder buckle progress... in steps:
1. Sculpted skull with polymer class then painted it full black with acrylic paint as my base color:

2. Go over the skull twice with Silver Acrylic paint:

3. Take black paint and smear it all over my ten fingers then rub it into the skull to give it a "Beaten Meat" finish and my final skull product:

Will finish the buckle with the base and spikes as soon as i can and post progress pictures soon. Stay tuned! and dont forget to check out my DeviantArt! :)

Peace!
-DarkVenom

Will be buying the hidden blades just released. Which is a relief! a lot of money was about to be spent trying to make these look perfect :p

Oh I guess I wasn't paying attention when I ordered mine! NECA made the AC: Brotherhood one so I just assumed they made these too.

Oh haha. Well Todd Mcfarlane for some reason has found a passion for these games which is awesome and cool if i do say so myself!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back