Anyone here done an Arkham Asylum Batman costume?

Rusty85

Sr Member
Like the title says. Anyone done one? I saw the armored version being worked out which is very cool, but I like the original version better myself.

Like the title says. Anyone done one? I saw the armored version being worked out which is very cool, but I like the original version better myself.

I've been working on one off and on for a bit.

Yep...actually still making it.
I have some gauntlets that I need to get molded up before Helloween.
The cowl is actually from Shawn Reevz, it's a great piece.

Nice project cavedwellar! Might I ask, what material you used for the suit. It looks to be more 3D than dye-sub. Also, your accessories like the bat emblem and utility belt seem to be Bronze Armory's. Do you have some more shots and close-ups of those? I'm considering buying those myself.

i'd love a chance to meet a batman arkham asylum suit'er in socal for some photoshoots some time, to go with my Scarecrow.
scarecrow1.jpg

can't be a villain without a hero around, after all.

The scarecrow is amazing! My beau wants to do one. I've seen a lot of Harley's...I want to work on a Poison Ivy, but that requires body paint :/

i'd love a chance to meet a batman arkham asylum suit'er in socal for some photoshoots some time, to go with my Scarecrow.
scarecrow1.jpg

can't be a villain without a hero around, after all.

I'd love to take some pics with you some day. Your Scarecrow is great! Right now I'm (sadly) only sticking to local cons in the northwest due to financial reasons. I would like to hit up New York CC, San Diego CC and Dragon Con in the future. Not sure when that will be, though.

WeaponX,
with all seriousness,
when you hit comic con, tell me, i go every year, since i live in san diego, and work for them.

I'm new to the whole costume making thing. But I've always wanted to make a Batman costume that looked more like the Comic book, which Arkham Asylum pretty much nailed. Cavedwellar's costume is fantastic. I'd like to know what fabric he used, and what process for the armor.

Antihero,
I found some nicely textured knit fabric at Walmart in the 1.00 section if you can believe it, and basically latexed the fabric to a muscle chest made by Paul Roberts (Artsee1). I didn't worry too much about some of the latex bleeding through as I was shooting for the dirty, battle damaged look per the game.
Start looking around at your local fabric stores, and I'm sure you'll find something nice.

Any progress / developments on this thread...?
'cavedwellar' that's a sweet looking suit you've got there, I'm currently looking at a TDK build but am sorely tempted to put it on hold for an Arkham Asylum suit.

'Kommissar' you suit is AWESOME my friend!!!! What a build and fantastically shot! Kudos!!!!!!!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back