another scrap build (batman)

omel

Sr Member
made this tdk inspired batman for a halloween office thingee last year on a spur of the moment decision ( did it in 4 nights), again using stuff found lying around the house and in the attic/storeroom ( except the cape which was made for me by a friend). cowl is made from a plastic shopping bag wrapped in duct tape then spray painted black, chest armor from eva puzzle floor mats ( from when my kid was an infant) glued to a cut up rubber yoga mat, utility belt from old nylon bag straps with cut up eva foam, batarang from some extra vinyl floor tiles, old cardboard boxes, rubber rainboots ( cut then duct taped to give form fit appearance), old arm and shin guards, old bike gloves spray painted black, this was even way cheaper than the "bee" from scrap.

DSC06613.jpg

DSC06600.jpg

DSC06617.jpg

DSC06615.jpg

Looks great man, especially for a 4 night job! :thumbsup

thanks!:) for a shoddy build this still won the office halloween costume contest :lol, since most of the other costumes were store bought vampires, mummies, ghouls and witches which cost them a lot more than mine :lol

I love the ingenuity that build like this take. I'm almost afraid to see how amazing your costume would have been if you had time and the proper materials, considering how great it looks already. Nice build!

Any in progress shots, so we can see your process?

-Nick

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back