Another Iron Man Mk6 full suit work in progress

Hi there guys and girls, been using this awesome site for the last couple of months in my attempt to build a full Iron Man suit for this Halloween and I felt it now necessary to give something back by showing my work in progress so far.

So this is my very first attempt at building anything in Pepakura and in retrospect i've probably been a bit too ambitious, ha ha! So I started off with making the helmet in card and then going on from there to other pieces of the armour. I decided to go for the circular Mk4 arc reactor chest piece as I think this looks cooler than the triangular version.

Anyway here's a few photos of what i've done so far, sorry if this gets a bit pic heavy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Right that's pretty much it for photos at the moment. I've pretty much made all the pieces of armour in card now except for the other boot, the fingers and the palms. I want to concentrate on getting the bigger pieces of armour finished now.

I have all pieces coated in resin now and half of the armour has been fibre glassed ready for filler including the chest pieces, the helmet, the forearms and biceps and the ab section. I should be able to get a bit more done over the next few nights and then I have a whole weekend to make some good progress I hope with the filler etc.

Do you guys think I am being unrealistic in trying to get the whole suit finished for October 27th? I'm worried that i've put crazy amounts of time into this and it won't be done in time. Any help or advice anyone can give on getting good, quick results with the filler stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway let me know what you think so far guys and i'll keep you all updated!

awesome work man !!!! and its a mk 4 :p

Hey mate, your suit if looking great too! I know what you mean about the rigid ab section, I couldn't think of a way of making that flexible either without spending serious amounts of time rigging wiring into or something. I'm thinking of lining all my armour with carpet underlay or something similar too to make it more comfortable when I come to wear it. :)

All you pepakura looks great man, good work.
How did you get on with the boots?
I know they are quite tricky, havent started mine yet.
I'm working my way down to them, im on the pelvis now then on to the thighs.

Cheers dude! Yeah the boots are a little tricky to be honest. I was hoping to build them around a pair of red trainers I have but I think I might have to fibre glass them first and then cut them in half so they can be fitted around the shoe. I'm still trying to figure out how best to fibre glass them as they have an inside layer once the card is glued together that makes it impossible to resin part of the inside if that makes sense? Might be a case of fibre glassing as neatly and as strong as I can on the outside.
Hope you're suit build is going well!

Getting some more of the armour fibre glassed tonight, how long did it take you guys in total do you think to get your whole suit to painting stage?

Lots more armour fibre glassed today! Not much left to fibre glass now, hoping to get it pretty much all done tomorrow. Then begins the fun of applying filler and lots of sanding! :confused

i no man im the same lol ive been makin mine for a good four months and im nearly done pepping but i have managed to get some resin and fiberglass done aswell my worries the bondo stage or as we say in the uk the body filer stage lol i dont wna loose no shame and make ait as accurate but i just want it to look good ha well i will b folowing your build buddy and looking forward to the finished product ur doing awsome man

i no man im the same lol ive been makin mine for a good four months and im nearly done pepping but i have managed to get some resin and fiberglass done aswell my worries the bondo stage or as we say in the uk the body filer stage lol i dont wna loose no shame and make ait as accurate but i just want it to look good ha well i will b folowing your build buddy and looking forward to the finished product ur doing awsome man

Sounds like you're making good progress dude! I'm based in the uk too, good to see another Brit on here. I know what you mean about the body filler stage, sanding everything down and applying the filler so everything still looks smooth takes a lot of time and skill I'm finding out. Then I have to try and learn some electronics to motorise the face plate, yikes! I'm trying to work out how to attach everthing once I've finished filling too. I bought some magnets to attach the chest and back armour together. I've seen people incorporating straps to hold the suit on but don't know how that would really work.

yeh i need to figure out how to do the faceplate aswell lol and im figuring how to build the arc asweelll lol an aw were Abouts in the uk pal ?

yeh i need to figure out how to do the faceplate aswell lol and im figuring how to build the arc asweelll lol an aw were Abouts in the uk pal ?

I bought my arc reactor as a put together kit from a guy selling them online. You just solder the LED's on and the battery pack to a PCB board and then rig it into the chest plate. I'm based down in Essex but don't worry i'm nothing like those TOWIE lot! lol!

I bought my arc reactor as a put together kit from a guy selling them online. You just solder the LED's on and the battery pack to a PCB board and then rig it into the chest plate. I'm based down in Essex but don't worry i'm nothing like those TOWIE lot! lol!

haha goodd there abit anoying lmao , and ahh kool i was thinking of doin one from a tutorial on youtube indy moguls one it looked awsom lol an as im short on cash at min it was the cheepest way to start lol

haha goodd there abit anoying lmao , and ahh kool i was thinking of doin one from a tutorial on youtube indy moguls one it looked awsom lol an as im short on cash at min it was the cheepest way to start lol

Just had a look on youtube at his video, looks bloody awesome! Damn there's some talented people out there!

hell yeh tell me about it :) ill have some photos of my build up soon aswell so feel free to check it out (hint hint ) lmao but the arc he does is so realistic huh

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back