Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Subscribe
  1. Eopie Herder is offline Eopie Herder
    Jun 1, 2010, 11:06 AM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #176

You can also try something often referred to as "Cabopatch" . I've never tried it on silicone, so I'm not sure that it would work, but it is used on foam appliances and skin to hid flaws and seams. It is cabosil mixed into prosaide. It creates a paste, and can be spread over areas such as the seam between the headpiece and your forehead and smoothed out to help hid it. The cabosil thickens it enough to create a texture, though not a heavy one, so it doesn't stand out as a smooth surface. I'm just unsure if it will stick to the silicone, and leaning towards that it won't. I can send you a little bit if you want to try it out though.
    From
    Southeastern PA
    Jun 1, 2010, 8:11 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #177

I just received the Skin-Tite product from Smooth On today. So I'm going to try that and see how it goes. I wonder if I should apply it with a brush?? I'm so nervous about trying to make this look even and try to cover my eyebrows enough too.
    From
    MA
    Jun 2, 2010, 12:28 AM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #178

If you go to the Smooth On link I gave you there should be a bunch of tutorial videos on how to apply their product. I remember watching one where they applied a facial scar. I think you just brush it on and maybe you could even it out with your finger?
    Jun 3, 2010, 11:25 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #179

What are you fellow Ahsoka costumers doing with the make up? Are you using an airbrush?
    From
    Southeastern PA
    Jun 4, 2010, 8:57 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #180

Yes, I bought an airbrush, compressor, and paint based on the suggestions on Twi'Lek Pam's website. http://chucrew.com/Twilek/Twilek.htm

Nice to see you here JJ9437. I know you from Cosplay.com.
  6. Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Aug 24, 2010, 8:16 AM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #181

hi WebChief I'm really shocked with your dauther's costume it's awesome, are you going to sell head pieces???
    From
    MA
    Aug 25, 2010, 8:48 AM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #182

Thanks Yakesita. I did a run of them initially and have been taking individual orders since.

I just realized that I never revisited this thread once the suit was completed. Here's some shots of the costume as debuted at CV.

My daughter and I meeting Dave Filoni:

My daughter meeting Ashley Eckstein, the voice talent for Ahsoka:

From
    Millersburg, Ohio; the Heart of Amish Country
    Aug 25, 2010, 10:08 AM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #183

WOW. Nicely done, and good read. Love what you did with the plastipaste. Had no idea you could straight cast out of that sutf! Wild!!

I love that the voice talent (Ashley) is wearing a similar styled boot!!
    From
    MA
    Aug 25, 2010, 10:17 AM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #184

Yes, Ashley was wearing the Ahsoka boots that the Disney costumer wears. It was pretty cool to see them up close. She was a big fan of Julia's costume and complimented her over and over again (which of course made my daughter feel great!). It was really happy with the results.
  10. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Los Angeles
    Aug 25, 2010, 3:14 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #185

Great looking Ahsoka!
    From
    Memphis, TN
    Aug 25, 2010, 6:18 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #186

Amazing! awesome work, she looks great!!
    From
    MA
    Aug 26, 2010, 8:49 AM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #187

Thanks! We have some work to do on the make up but overall we were both very pleased with the results. She'll be wearing the costume again in October for a local Wizard World convention so I'm looking forward to making it even better!
    From
    Southeastern PA
    Aug 26, 2010, 11:06 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #188

Considering the colder weather in October, you should make this for her: File:Ahsoka spacesuit.jpg - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Hey, its a lot less make up to have to worry about with the body suit instead. I can just see her glaring at you when you show her the fish bowl she'd have to wear on her head.
    From
    MA
    Aug 27, 2010, 1:09 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #189

Yeah, believe me, I've considered that suit. We had an event in NYC with LFL for the Today Show last October and the LFL Ahsoka was wearing that suit.

From
    New-Caledonia
    Aug 27, 2010, 5:49 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #190

Congratulations for your costume WebChief !
    Your daughter is really Ahsoka !!

My daughter loves this new costume. (spacesuit ?)
    but she wants me to do the first Ahsoka costume ...
    From
    Southeastern PA
    Aug 28, 2010, 8:57 AM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #191

I think I might make it too. It would be much less expensive since the cost of paint is so high.

WebChief said: View Post
    Yeah, believe me, I've considered that suit. We had an event in NYC with LFL for the Today Show last October and the LFL Ahsoka was wearing that suit.

Aug 28, 2010, 4:29 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #192

Good work on the costume! I saw a guy at SDCC10 with his daughter, she was Ahsoka with your headpiece, and it looks AMAZING!
    From
    Fl.
    Oct 31, 2010, 8:53 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #193

I'm Going 2 make a costume of Ahsoka 4 my sis and was wondering, how much are u selling the Lekku 4?
    Oct 31, 2010, 9:24 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #194

Hmm, she's not wearing a clone belt. Ahsoka wears one with her spacesuit.
  20. Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Dec 28, 2010, 10:51 AM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #195

Yes, Ashley was wearing the Ahsoka boots that the Disney costumer wears. It was pretty cool to see them up close. She was a big fan of Julia's costume and complimented her over and over again (which of course made my daughter feel great!). It was really happy with the results.

oh WebChief, Where did you buy the boots?????
    From
    MA
    Dec 28, 2010, 7:13 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #196

I made the boot coverings myself out of leather. The base boots were simple girls boots we found locally.
  22. Member Since
    Feb 2011
    From
    My twisted world
    Feb 28, 2011, 3:38 PM - Re: Ahsoka Tano - Revisting my Daughter's Costume #197

iwant one of these