50's Greaser Batman Concept

joshspiderman23

Sr Member
So decided to finally start a new project since I completed my spiderman noir for SDCC a while back.:lol
4930936222_6f6d139e25_n.jpg

Officially starting my batman costume

design was done by Denis Medri.

So far everything in research and initial setup complete

I went with getting my cowl designed by sonofapumpkin who always is part of my builds in one way or another
he will design and make my cowl

Picked up 3 different goggles to best match the style of the piece

$%28KGrHqZHJDkE63ZdCidIBOzRwg3Pzg%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Goggle 1 modern style but sleek almost reminds me of a owlman style

$%28KGrHqJ,%21pQE-v1DDhpYBP30E6MiVQ%7E%7E60_3.JPG

Goggle 2 is a WW2 soviet aviator goggle, reason behind was to bring more realism to concept and bring in era wardrobe pieces that would work with the cowl

4768370555_394b888d75_m.jpg

Goggle 3 is again an era piece from WW2 which was used in a concept comic design for my original spiderman noir. This piece is a German Army Motorcycle Goggle

For the belt Im thinking a retro M1 Cartridge belt with a modded bat buckle
$%28KGrHqF,%21icE-z7iJkW6BP4T00NlHw%7E%7E60_57.JPG

The leather Jacket is still being hunted down, I want something similar and simple, the arm fins will have to be added to the jacket which I figured on using some heavy veg tan leather cut, sanded, molded, dyed and stitched.

Pants look to be denim blue levis possibly, might change those up for either dark grey denim or just grey denim altogether

50s-batman-1.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I really want to see this happen. I think Goggles 1 or 2 definitely for greaser Batman. Goggle 1's style would look better if you gave the frame a metallic finish like goggle 2. Goggle 3 looks cool as well but I'd have to see it on the actually cowl to be convinced. I'd like to imagine he's got a pack of Lucky Strikes rolled up in his t-shirt sleeve.

I really want to see this happen. I think Goggles 1 or 2 definitely for greaser Batman. Goggle 1's style would look better if you gave the frame a metallic finish like goggle 2. Goggle 3 looks cool as well but I'd have to see it on the actually cowl to be convinced. I'd like to imagine he's got a pack of Lucky Strikes rolled up in his t-shirt sleeve.

that actually is a good idea, I might refinish the black plastic to look more era specific worn metal, also I had the idea of tinting the lenses white, kind of a throw back to the comic white out eye style but it would look BA in my opinion or at the very least I will black tint both lenses. 1 and 2 were are closes options but I figured

what do you guys think for denim? sorry for the weird sized pics

pLEVI1-11698572t500x607.jpg

Levis booth cut 527 in Grey

91EtgbfcVML._SL1500_.jpg

Buffalo david boot cut darker grey

pLEVI1-11615951t330x400.jpg

Levis Classic 501 in black mod

pLEVI1-6049640t500x607.jpg

Levi 501 shrink to fit

that actually is a good idea, I might refinish the black plastic to look more era specific worn metal, also I had the idea of tinting the lenses white, kind of a throw back to the comic white out eye style but it would look BA in my opinion or at the very least I will black tint both lenses. 1 and 2 were are closes options but I figured

I was thinking that as well. I think the frames WITH the white out eyes would look amazing.

I am a "greaser" rockabilly whatever and you gotta go 501 red tab. In regards to the jackets do with the first pic and don't go with textured leather..LOL Do you wanna barrow my 49 ford as the bat mobile..lol

what do you guys think of using instead of the cartridge belt go with like a leather belt with K98 german pouches instead???

quick update too other goggles have come in and they look good on the sculpt, also picked up two different shirts to transfer my bat symbol too, one in a gray and light gray. Both are slim fit shirts to get more of a vintage look

$(KGrHqF,!n0E-v1c+pS7BPzMfQo91Q~~60_57.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back