Thought I'd share this one. I actually picked up the W Bill fabric from Steve Ricks pretty early on. Got the SA buttons as well as some of his elbow patches.
Took me forever to get it together though. As soon as I received the fabric back in January I got to work matching the plaids, but I quickly got slammed with real life and ended up shoving my mockup and all my supplies under my cutting table where they sat for four months....
I got to revisit it this may. Matching the plaids was an interesting challenge. This jacket has a horizontal line-up that carries to the sleeves, so the plaid pattern carries to the arm. This was particularly challenging in the sleeve cap where the roped shoulders and the ease make maintaining that line up very taxing. I also poured over reference images to make sure all the major lines fell in as close to the same places as Smith's as I could muster with size differences being what they are.
One day when I get back down to my fighting weight, and am no longer the chubby Doctor, I'll have to get some images of the complete outfit.