Announcement Site Outages

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Just want to make a quick note that we recently moved our web server to a new host (soon to be followed by our db server). We are experiencing some issues and outages as a result of the move. Please be patient with us as we work through these problems.

Art

Wondered if it was just me. :lol

And yes I've been using "Down for Everyone or Just Me?" It said the RPF was down; it just seemed like it was happening a lot more than just the usual odd outage. ;)

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
that's the site i use too. It's been down off and on a good bit more. Sounds like the new servers are grumpy.

From what we are told, we have about a week or so more of this before we get a full resolution. It is killing me.

that's the site i use too. It's been down off and on a good bit more. Sounds like the new servers are grumpy.

Is it a new datacenter? A week is completely unacceptable. What was wrong with the old servers?

The old servers smelled like a Games Workshop store ;)
All musty and sour with a hint of spray primer - too many nerds congregating for too long a time!

Hope the new digs stabilize soon! The RPF is usually the fastest loading page I visit, so my hats off to you guys for keeping up with the growth!

My closet actually smells like that thanks to all the Game Workshop paints i have lol. I agree a week seems to be a bit long.

Hi!

(I just wanted to post something in the ten minute window this place is active, per day)

It is getting better. I know it has been tough for you not to have a place to fight about models, but just know that we are fighting hard for your right to complain about who makes the best whatever...

I've been toe-ing your line out of respect, by not engaging my "detractor". Can you show me the same courtesy?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back