Question How to have sent messages saved in sent folder (answered)

Adrian

I tried a search but may have missed it,

How does one turn on the ability to save ones sent private messages?

Thanks for the help all who answer.

Adrian.

re: Save Sent Messages (answered)

go to User CP =User Control Panel and is the first item in the red bar under the Welcome 'member's name' box....
under Settings and Opitons click Edit Options
under Messaging & Notification is a section titled Personal Messaging
where you can enable or disable all the Personal Messaging options.
check the box beside Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default
to save the personal messages you send (up to the limit of 400 messages in storage, sent or received).
Don't forget to arrow on to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes after you've made you selection/s.

Shylaah

Last edited:
Can't send messages? how to have sent messages saved in sent folder (answered)

Hi,

I just set up an account yesterday, and I tried sending a PM. However, it doesn't seem to be working. Is there some reason I can't do so?

Shouldn't they show up in my sent messages box?
Only if you have it set that way in your User Control Panel.

To check your setting, do the following.

Click "User CP" (horizontal menu bar), "Edit Options" (left side menu)

Locate and check the box next to "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" (it's under the "Personal Messaging" heading)

Click "Save Changes" (located at the bottom of the page)

please help, i cant send messages or start new threads, i cant even pm anyone, if i do it shows blank, what the hell am i doing wrong?????????????

Last edited:
i can no longer reply to posts apart from quick reply box at bottom, edit does not work and smilies are not clickable..............

Clear all the cookies and cache in your browser, log back in and see if that fixes it.

a few hours later it just started working again, i didn't do anything.

very strange..........

Unable to view "Sent" PMs

Hi,

I've recently noticed that none of my sent PMs are showing in my "sent" PMs folder.

Is it possible to resolve this somehow?

Re: Unable to view "Sent" PMs

To automatically have sent messages show up in your "Sent" folder, you must have the "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" setting enabled.

Locate and check the box next to "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" (it's under the "Personal Messaging" heading)

PMs not being sent?

I recently sent some PMs, and it said they had sent, but when I didn't get a reply I checked my sent box and it says that 0 messages had been sent. Any idea what's wrong?

Re: PMs not being sent?

You have to "check" the emails (below the text box) before you send them if you want to keep a record of them. It's the: "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder."

Send me one and I'll let you know if it works.
I6

Re: PMs not being sent?

I recently sent some PMs, and it said they had sent, but when I didn't get a reply I checked my sent box and it says that 0 messages had been sent. Any idea what's wrong?
You have your "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" setting turned off.

To turn that setting on, do the following.

To automatically have sent messages show up in your "Sent" folder, you must have the "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" setting enabled.

SENT Folder empty?? (answered)

Hi. Newbie question here.

Are REPLIED TO PM's supposed to show in the SENT folder? I have replies to a couple and my sent folder is still empty, so I've no idea if they went through.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back