Question Has the server been going down for others over the past few days?

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I click on pages here on the RPF, and I keep getting error messages saying the web address cannot be found.
I was curious of it was on my end or if it was the site server having issues?

Yes, I did get a popup error box telling me that I was logged in within another window and had to refresh, but it DID give me the site. This sounds like an issue that may be unrelated or it may be vaguely related to mine. A quick refresh fixed it for me and I haven't gotten it since. What really stood out to me was the HTML code showing in that error box that came up.

For those who are getting it, can you give a little more information? Were you on the site clicking on a thread when it happened? Were you on another site and coming here? Did a refresh work? The more information you guys give for it, the easier the admins can pinpoint the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

And if you can include a cut and paste of the actual error message itself, that would possibly help if this is an unknown issue.

Yesterday was one of the times, not sure on time(I work from here so time just blends) but it happened a couple of days earlier too.

Please let us know if this continues to happen.

It has been happenig for me off and on again today. But it does no good to search to see if the website is down as Montagar suggested, as it only stays down for one or two clicks then is back up. When I get the message that the web address is unknown, there is a link to more info and when you click it it read:

The error could be the result of a variety of things, from typing errors in the web address to DNS issues with the requested web address. Check the web address for typing errors or check your internet connection to ensure other web addresses are accessible.

All other sites and searches are working and I only seem to get that message here.

Tonight my firefox window went black and froze twice. Once one of the ads was displayed in its place up top.

I was just down again for a few minutes. BUt by time I got to run a check to see if the site was down... it was back up :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back