What does your Workshop/Workspace look like?

Impressive guys.

But do I need to say that a clean desk is a sign of a dirty mind?

I hear you ask. "Well. Where's you work bench pic?" And tbh. I'm just not that lucky. I work at the kitchen table. :facepalm

There you go, all the exterior work is done. Unusually for the UK, it was very bright and sunny when I painted it, and I actually had to wear sunglasses when I painted the big doors gloss white, because of the glare!! :cool

IMG_3918.JPG

Just starting on the inside ...

I've been actually working on my workshop for the past year and been planning on doing one for several years.

A few years ago when the stock market was crap and everyone was selling, I started buying, then last year sold all my holdings and used the money I made from it to pay for the actual building that would house the workshop.
View attachment 203800
View attachment 203801

As for outfitting it with tools, I've been buying things here and there for years. Some things like my tool boxes came from my time at Snap-on, the bandsaw, table saw, and large miter box actually belong to my father, but since he doesn't have anywhere convenient to store them, they came to live with me. All the benches and shelving was built using leftovers from the shop or the house. The cabinet that holds the pressure tank, small air compressor, and paint on top was a dresser I found on the roadside that someone was throwing away, I cut out the drawer sections and added some shelves and paint. All of the larger power tools (bandsaw, router table, large miter box, table saw, dust collector) are on stands with lockable castors. When I need to use them, I simply roll them in front of the rubbermaid cabinet and lock the castors down so I can use them there. For power, I've got the retractable extension cord roll on the ceiling to make it easy and clutter free. The shop is only 16'x20', so I tried to make most things mobile/modular to conserve space, I think it works pretty well. The mini-mill is my newest acquisition, it just came in last week. The area where the sheet of mdf is leaning against the wall will be where I set up to paint, going to build a rotary stand and a hanging wire to attach parts to that need painting, just haven't had time to do that yet.

So here is the interior:
View attachment 203802
View attachment 203803
View attachment 203804
View attachment 203805

Earlier this week I finally got around the working on the home office some, getting some things built, items put away, etc. My desk was a wreck as it housed two printers, a scanner, xbox, blu-ray player, the computer, and other random junk. Built the cabinet under the left side of the desk to house one of the printers, xbox, and some smaller things. Also cleaned out the filing cabinet so that I can store things in it.

p1tuh.jpg

Okay all, this thread has been quiet for a while. I would love to see some more workshops, workrooms, workstations, workbenches, etc!
smiling-tooth-smiley-emoticon.gif

We moved house three weeks ago so I took the opportunity to build a decent workshop. I bought a 12 x 10 shed, built a raised platform to stand it on and insulated the walls and boarded out with ply. I am looking for some old kitchen units and worktops now and will put in some shelving and filing cabinets to store my gear.
drzy.jpg

xne9.jpg

f97u.jpg

Here's mines.
I've converted my basement and nearly finished.
It's about 3.5 m x 5m or but there is another area just off it for storage. There's also a laundry area to the back
It's not finished yet, but I wanted to get on and create something again lol

I've got some pictures and life size cut outs of iron man and a storm trooper, so I'll maybe use them to dress up the area.

I'll take some more pix later

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 191
Here are a few shots of my garage studio. My wife and I built it ourselves and it's my Fortress of Solitude when I need to relax!Picture 020.jpgPicture 021.jpgPicture 022.jpgPicture 023.jpgPicture 024.jpgPicture 025.jpgPicture 026.jpgPicture 027.jpgPicture 042.jpgPicture 038.jpgPicture 039.jpgPicture 040.jpgPicture 041.jpg

It's still a work in progress. I still have to stain the cases and add the plex fronts to some of them.

workbench.JPGSANY1490.JPGSANY1353.JPG

It's official. I'm envious. I've seen pictures of and have visited some fine workrooms, but currently, I work in spite of everything around me. I don't own the place I live in and can't make the adjustments I'd like to. I have plenty of everything I don't need. Carpeted floors, basin in another room, light everywhere except where I need it, buried outlets and no room to get up and turn around. I have plans to clear out a lot of floor space and stack things high, but living in earthquake country, there's only so high I'd want to stack containers. And yes, I'm up two flights of stairs.

I love this thread ^^ Its really interesting to see where everyone if working :) I need to take some decent pictures myself from my workspace though, mobile cams are not the best for this :/

as soon as i clean it , its a mess again. i'm trying to make props and restore a car at the same time, it doesn't work.

My "workshoppe" :D is a humble L-desk with shelves that I've been using for about 10 years or so. It's made out of mainly MDF with wood laminate that's peeling off in some areas. That means any spot that gets wet swells up into a bump. As a result, the surface is super uneven and the shelves are all sagging dangerously right now. Still, it's mine and I love it!

But I'm going to get a new work area sometime next month! Customized to my preference! Looking at all the different workspaces here has given me so many new ideas for storage, which is one of the issues I have with my current desk. I'll post some pictures of before and after soon!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back