What does your Workshop/Workspace look like?

Rick, I am so jealous I don't even know what to do with myself.

(Other than start making more money and also trawl wherever I can for some second-hand tools.)

Hell of a space--sorry, spaces--you've got there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

DSC_0108.jpg

I some photos of scroll saws back there.....any advice on those?

I got a cheapie $100 skil scroll saw and it can't cut through butter without breaking 3-4 blades....

I would love to hear about scroll saws as well. I need to find one for wood, plastic and light metal cutting. oh and

MORE PICTURES PEOPLE!

excited3.gif

This is the one I use. PORTER-CABLE 1.6-Amp Variable Speed Scroll Saw Model #: PCB370SS
I had a small Delta but after awhile it just wore out.

I got forced into a smaller room due to growing children. Lol! This is the mess that ensued.

Ignore the very shoddy photo stitch-together.
workroomnew.jpg

Mine is more than I ever had before:

398875_397766983574851_577084622_n.jpg

The other side is Abby's

548333_10150919819973976_1302286629_n.jpg

And of course need a TV for watching whatever

420162_473254172692798_858507960_n.jpg

Great spaces all. I love seeing other's dreams come true and see them dedicate their life (and part of their homes) to achieving those dreams.

I wake up everyday grateful that I am still doing what I love to do and make a living at it 26 years later. Each and every day, I still feel like a kid!

Here is a quick journey into some of the spaces we have created over the years. The last few images are our current facility, which I am thankful for each and every day. It truly is the culmination of dedicating most of my life to this amazing art and I couldn't have done it without the help of many people and inspirations throughout the years.

Thanks for looking

Here is one I set up in my garage.. obviously before it got extremely messy and cramped.

newlabday1copy.jpg

and here is the secret entrance and office in my old home

officedesklong.jpg

secretofficesm-1.jpg

Here is the next shop we moved into. We had fun with this one

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

Here is a temporary shop we set up before moving into the one we are in now. It is basically two portable garage tents joined together. We installed an AC in it as well that vented outside. This was set up inside a warehouse so we could keep our work private and contained. For a tight space, we got a surprising amount done.

DSC_0221_zps327b0013.jpg

DSC_0223_zpsf4bba97f.jpg

And here is our current facility. This was a true labor of love. It was totally unfinished when we moved in. The good part is it allowed complete creative freedom. The not so good part is that complete creative freedom costs some $$$. But looking back, it was well worth it. And yep, I even built another secret door in the brick wall of the conference room.

Design.jpg

Conference.jpg

Updatedshop.jpg

makeupapplication_zps0e04b815.jpg

and for more fun, had to do this to my office door

photo2-2.jpg

ok folks, we need more pictures. I am about to start a garage remodel and i don't want to do all this work and then come back and see something else that I MUST HAVE, after the fact. so . . . MORE PLEASE!!!!

I haven't got a dedicated workspace as such so I made (with help from my dad) this tray-like workstation using wood from an old desk a few years ago.

Workstation01.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back