Weathered Mp Optimus Prime + Custom LED Base,featuring Soundwave,Ravage&Laserbeak.

colin1972

Hi guys,
heres a little project ive had on the back burner for ages, as you all know
i built 7ft optimus, for those who dont hes here on the boards, anyway ive always wanted to weather prime, and build him a badass display base, this is what ive done..
optimus has been weathered with 2 shades of silver and black.
rust was also added using a burnt sienna glass paint.
orange was dropped into the cab lights,
clear resin was then dropped into the lights on top of the orange to form the glass,
clear resin was also added to the feet lights too,
his blaster was painted black then weathered in silver, also took out the green led plug, and the gun now has depth, a light shade of orange was added to the tip of the barrel too.
energon axe was also weathered with a shade of black

the base was first painted in primer,then blue uv paint,
then i masked of the areas i wanted before sliver and gold was used,
Then each panel was weathered and aged,cracks painted, and mirror stlye stickers were placed round the edges, i then set about adding the decepticon base light from various pieces before adding modellers dust and a shade of purple added to the light,
decepticon vinyl sticker addded and weathered too

soundwave was an oversized soundwave, he was pulled apart and the pieces i kept you see on the base, i rebuilt his face (inspired by other soundwaves ive seen here) to resemble his g1 look, he was rebuilt using styrene, car filler and i built a new visor so that the led would show through, ravage was weathered using silver and his stomach was melted before he was set in place,orange paint was added to form the energon ozzing from his stomach, laserbeak was also weathered, using silver and black, and a shade of yellow for his beak, modellers dust was added to the base before everthing was set in place, red leds were added in certain places, the switch has flashing mode,a perminent mode and off, you just scroll the settings,

anyway guys heres the intro that builds up to the pictures you see,The whole lot will be going on ebay soon........

WAR HAS RAVAGED OUR HOME, BROTHERS NOW FIGHT BROTHERS,....... WHO ONCE WERE OUR ALLIES, I AM OPTIMUS PRIME, AND TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE, 3 OF MY FELLOW AUTOBOTS,FRIENDS AND LOYAL COMRADES HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM THE AUTOBOT CAMP, ITS NOW TIME TO SET THEM FREE.....

OPTIMUS BEGAN TO ENTER THE DECEPTION CAMP, SOUNDWAVE,(MEGATRONS LOYAL SECURITY OFFICER) WAS GUARDING THE ENTRANCE......

FROM A DISTANCE PRIME TAKES OUT THE SOUNDWAVE,RIPPING THROUGH HIS CHEST PIECE,BLOWING THE DECEPTICON APART,THE SHOT ALERTS HIS MINIONS, RAVAGE LEAPS INTO THE AIR, A POWERFUL SHOT ECHOES FROM PRIMES BLASTER SENDING RAVAGE SLIDING ALONG THE FLOOR, AS PRIME ENTERS THE DECEPTION CAMP, LASERBEAK IS SUCKING THE REMAINING ENERGON FROM RAVAGES LIFELESS BODY... HE SQUARKS AND FLYS UP HIGH BEFORE ZOOMING DOWN ONTO PRIME,BUT PRIME IS QUICK AND GRABS LASERBEAK TIGHT ROUND THE NECK......
IT WAS TIME TO RESCUE HIS FRIENDS.......

Re: Weathered Mp Optimus Prime + Custom LED Base,featuring Soundwave,Ravage&Laserbeak

I have seen this before and am in love. My only negative comments: 1. why would an energon sword be weathered? 2. I would have gone with green coolant or something instead of orange/red on ravage-looks too much like organic blood. 3. is soundwaves head to scale? looks a little undersized.

Now please don't take offense, I love it. It looks great and is far beyond the scale of what us mere mortals do. I will try to get the first bid on ebay (since I wont have enough money to bid any higher than the first one

Re: Weathered Mp Optimus Prime + Custom LED Base,featuring Soundwave,Ravage&Laserbeak

I have seen this before and am in love. My only negative comments: 1. why would an energon sword be weathered? 2. I would have gone with green coolant or something instead of orange/red on ravage-looks too much like organic blood. 3. is soundwaves head to scale? looks a little undersized.

Now please don't take offense, I love it. It looks great and is far beyond the scale of what us mere mortals do. I will try to get the first bid on ebay (since I wont have enough money to bid any higher than the first one

hi
thanks for the kind words, with regard to his energon axe, i just felt it wanted to be more gritty, kind of like the idw and dreamwave comics, the orange ozze from ravages belly, i kind liked the orange, as it stood out more than a green would etc, plus energon is orange as well,soundwaves head, well the whole of soundwave started out as an oversized knock of soundwave, but i had to rebuild his head to resemble the g1 look, it is smaller than primes,as prime is a MP, but its in scale with ravage and laserbeak, again thanks for the kind words
all the best
colin

Dude, you just keep the awesome stuff going, don't you? I love it.

I notice the Prime you use has the tall stacks. The ones here in the US have short stacks due to child safety laws, because we all know that the people buying this were spending $100 on it for their kids. :rolleyes

lol. i got mine for 78 at walmart. Yeah when they released him over here as the 25th anniversary version they changed the stacks and i think a few other bits. Its now the MP Prime lite. Heck MP Megatron can't even be made over here thanks to stupid gun laws. I had to pay extra to have the orange plugs glue into mine before he could be shipped to the US.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back