Is there a market for Hogwarts model?

darthvader073

Hi guys,
Last year I made this Hogwarts model. New projects are on the horizon and I would like to sell this one. I was wondering for a while where to put it on sale, and what's the price. Then I remembered that there's a lot of modelers on the rpf, so I want to hear your opinion.
Now, keep in mind that large Hogwarts model are really rare, and I don't want to give mine for less than 3000$.
There is a lot of work and details in this model.

Dimensions: 120 X 100 cm

Here's a link for the video of my model:
My homemade 1:186 Hogwarts grounds model - YouTube

Now I did some more work on it after this video was made. I've added 100 normal trees, and 100 pine trees to make it more realistic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Nice work. That's looks like it must have been a blast to build!

I can't suggest a market-place for you to sell it through, but I have to tell you, while it's obvious that you put a lot of hours into this, I think that a selling price of 3 grand or higher is not a very realistic expectation. For me, it's the lack of texturing on the stone walls and the roofs. Now, some of the areas seems extraordinarily detailed, but these other areas, for me anyway, really drive down the asking price.

But who knows! Maybe you'll find the right buyer! I wish you the best of luck.

And, it really is a cool model, please don't get me wrong!

--Alex

Museums sometimes are interested, or theme related attractions.

I'v built a few large scale diorama's and learned quickly that unless commissioned, it's tough to sell for any good money.

People now a day want the whole shabang with lights, and you better not ask more than "$500".

Good luck and nice model!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back