Studio Half Scale TOS Enterprise Scratch build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely second that! :)

Though I haven't really said much in this thread, I have been following along closely with great interest. Top-notch work, Steve.

Oh, how I wish I had the $1200-1500 needed to get one of these fine kits. I'd love to be able to add one of these to my humble l'il collection.

Can't wait to see this done and kitted out. It's going to be epic.

Well once I have the mold made you can get one. I just hope it's the right scale for you.

Today was little parts day as promised. I got the masters for the intercoolers done. Finished off the deflector dish and it's accompanying parts.

What's left is the little rectangles that go under the bussard collectors. The dome clamps. And the nacelle vents. All very easy parts to make.

After that make molds.

It's going to feel real good to have all the masters done by next weekend.

Steve

IMG_6630.jpg

Here's the back side of the deflector.

IMG_6634.jpg

The cooler with the part that fits from the inside nacelle recess to the outside.

IMG_6633.jpg

And the version for the 4 nacelle intercoolers that are on the aft ends of the nacelles.

IMG_6631.jpg

The complete deflector.

Hey Steve quick question, I know you don't work on her 24/7, but how much total time till this point do you think you have put into her? I wish I was able to do what you are doing. but I have 5 thumbs on one hand.. It's hard but I make it work. GREAT JOB and Fantastic to watch a craftsman in action.

I make a new folder everyday I work for the photos. So far I counted 76.

Thanks so much for the kind words about my work!

Steve

Just a thought but can the dish actually turn side to side a little?
Great job again ...your really nailing this tough model.

Awesome work on this project man. I love the large scale stuff and what you have done looks great. Cant wait to see it finished.

Hey, I never saw that 'hinge' on the series!

:lol JK- amazing detail not visible to most mortals. I actually never knew it was more than a dowel. But then, I never attempted a Big E as big as yours! You must have literally hundreds of hours of research on Enterprise under your belt, eh Steve?:cool

It's there, I have seen the Enterprise model at the Smithsonian.
I did too, as a kid- before the restoration, when it was hangin' off the ceiling too far off the ground for a REALLY GOOD LOOK!!!:angry:angry
...but I'm not still upset- no sirreee, I let go of that years ago.
Mostly.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back