Star Trek T.O.S. Bridge Build 1:10 Scale

Atlanthia

Sr Member
Well, I am still pretty gutted about the sad demise of my previous Bridge build at 1/12th Scale for six inch figures, (click on this link to see it)

http://www.therpf.com/f11/building-enterprise-bridge-less-than-10-15-a-137996/

so I decided that if I ever revisited the project, I would follow in the footsteps of Glorbes and build it in 1/10th scale, to display my Art Asylum/Diamond Select 7" figures. If you haven't seen his amazing build, you can see it here:

http://www.therpf.com/f11/enterprise-bridge-adjusted-dst-action-figures-123844/

Also, there were several aspects of my previous build that I was not happy about, such as the lack of lighting, and general inaccuracies that I wanted to improve upon, and the fact that it was built from card and paper. So, because I am still involved with building my 52" Eagle Transporter, I thought I would just build one Bridge console section from Styrene Sheet, and see if I could iron out some of those "issues". The idea was that if I was successful, it would stand up as an individual display piece in its own right or, if I was so inclined, I could gradually add to it, section by section, when time permitted. I decided on Lt. Uhura's station as, that is the position that the command podium would spur off from.
So, anyway, here are a few progress pics and, I promise you, no more waffle from me!:$

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

I still have to make the chair and finish off the sides, as well as attach the front of the walkway edge strip etc.
The model is in Styrene sheet and styrene/foam board, and the flooring is dark grey 2mm craft foam.
Thank you for looking in and I will post again soon with the finished article :)

As always, your comments/critiques are very welcome :)

Last edited:
Re: T.O.S. Enterprise Bridge Build 1/10th Scale

Thank you, SofaKing01 :)
I started constructing what I hope will be a realistic Burke Chair tonight. If this works out, I will be casting and moulding it so that I only have to actually construct one.

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg

Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

The actual chair that I am trying to emulate.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled-14.jpg

The chair stand and feet are made from the nibs of disposable propelling pencils. The post, from two nibs glued end to end, and the feet, from two nibs cut down the middle lengthways.

Untitled-11.jpg

Thank you for looking in!

Last edited:

Oh my ^$**%)#! God. As someone who has built a full scale Spock Station, I am in *&$%(*!) heaven here with your project.

You sir, are a wizard. Can't wait to see more!!!!!!!

:thumbsup :thumbsup
Jon

So, I spy upon a bridge build thread, pop in to see it, and lo and behold I realize it's you! :)

This is looking far better than your original. Not that it wasn't good...but this one is far cleaner! And the use of the pen caps for the chair legs is building at its best...the improvisation of everyday items!

Nice job, those consoles look amazing!
I had a chair 3D printed, and holding it in my and I realized the shape and size of the stand is very close to golf tees. It might give you a more gradual curve with less work. The feet are also close to the clip part on some ball point pins.

Wow! The lighting on that is superb! I can imagine how great the whole bridge would look like that!

This is way more impressive than your cardstock build, and I liked that one a lot.

Thank you for the awesome feedback, everyone :)

Oh my ^$**%)#! God. As someone who has built a full scale Spock Station, I am in *&$%(*!) heaven here with your project.

You sir, are a wizard. Can't wait to see more!!!!!!!

:thumbsup :thumbsup
Jon

Jon, your full size Spock station is incredible! but you need to make more of them! :lol

Nice job, those consoles look amazing!
I had a chair 3D printed, and holding it in my and I realized the shape and size of the stand is very close to golf tees. It might give you a more gradual curve with less work. The feet are also close to the clip part on some ball point pins.

My wife said the very same thing to me last night! I'm pretty happy with the slight angle on these as The benefit is that the chair actually swivels. I have also inadvertantly fitted a height adjuster to the seat. The pencil and the nib both screw onto the same threadblock, so i simply cut off the pencil end, and glued the nib end to the chair bottom. The chair stand now simply screws onto the chair bottom and as it screws down, the chair gets lower or higher.

Untitled-21.jpg

Untitled-19.jpg

Untitled-18.jpg

Untitled-17.jpg

Untitled-20.jpg

You know, the more I look at this, the better it gets!
Glad you've taken to using the foam board, that stuff is really handy! And remember, the edges take very well to sanding, if you ever want to go for a particular curved edge! :)

(though I don't believe the classic bridge will require that!)

Wow! Just WOW. Those details, the lighting and that chair is just amazing. I love it!

What a wonderful thread to be greeted with on my first visit here in way too long (new baby) ! :)

I LOVED your old build, and this one is shaping up even better.

I'm still really wanted to try this out myself, I did my test build to somewhat success with cardboard from macbook box, but I came to the conclusion that anything I put that much work into, I wanted it to be more sturdy.

Thanks, Guys, and good to see you back, Progrocker! :)

I am sure that I speak for the whole of the RPF when I say, congratulations!!! Is it a boy or a girl? What did you call it? How much did it weigh??? Answers! We need answers!!! :lol

Last edited:

At the first sight, I thought it's a pics of real studio set for reference.
I adore your skills.

katsu

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back