Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 Bridge Build 1:10 Sca

Re: Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 Helm Station scratch build to complete the AA/DST set

:lol
Ah, she's pretty awesome really, I have to admit......

Re: Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 Helm Station scratch build to complete the AA/DST set

Seriously.....it looks like you stole the prototype!

Okay, so I am encountering some significant problems with the Helm Construction, notably, trying to reproduce the flooring texture that appears on all the other pieces. The problem is that every time I cast from the mould the finished resin piece is full of bubbles. They are clinging to all those little holes in the mould no matter how slow I pour. So, until I can resolve the issue I have put it to one side and directed my mind elsewhere. Now, I have stated, I think, quite clearly that it is not my intention to build anything other than the Helm station but if I ever did, it would probably look a lot like this.

I just can't help myself, can I !!!??? :rolleyes: It was just grating on my nerves that the platforms for T'Pol's and Reeds stations were too narrow front to back so I built a new one to the correct size.....and then I made the floor tracks for the chair to slide in....

So pretty soon, I had the back walls bashed out and I started on the rear console.

This is actually T'pols console but She's without a head at the moment so I set it up on the other side of the bridge. Here's a detail shot.

So, to stop me going down this crazy route, building ANOTHER 3.5 foot wide bridge, can someone please help me to solve my flooring issue???
:lol:

Try giving the mold a light dusting of talcum powder it will help the resin get into the tiny spaces.
Good luck.

Small update: I have decided to go for the Season 4 Refitted bridge so that means a lot of revisions to work already carried out. to that end, I have been cutting holes where necessary and building new button panels etc as required. More on that soon.
Here are a few pics of my general progress.

The left hand door and wall surround is all but finished. I just need to add the small button panels etc.

Different view and tighter shot

You can see more panel windows have been cut and framed

Here's an interesting aerial view to finish with.

I will post again soon with an update on the Helm Station, and my progress on panels, consoles and monitor screens.

Last edited:
Like a few others, some how this build missed my radar. Absolutely beautiful work -I'm always by your builds. Can't wait to see more.

Many thanks, Snow Builder! :)

Im glad someone likes it!! I have never made such a seemingly unpopular thread :lol I should have another update shortly.

I was getting ready to build this same bridge.
I have all of the parts that were sold.
Looks like you are doing a great job on this.

Thanks guys! Sorry about the hold up on this, I have been busy building & casting cockpit parts for the 44" Eagle Transporter, to fill outstanding orders. I have also been looking into installing real colour screens into this bridge model.
The interest in the Mayweather helm station has been large so I am trying get it finished up ready to mould and cast. My thanks to those interested parties that kept it off off the thread and in PM's

I am going with the season four redressed set of silver/grey and satin black, with blue carpets and hand rails.
more soon!

Mcsdaver I just picked up a second Reed station yesterday all boxed for £12 and a Trip figure in blue coveralls for oonly £3.99 so I now have all the parts needed - just have to remodel the captain's chair!

Darren! I haven't been on nearly enough lately (mainly busy lately with surviving this winter which never ends :unsure ). I've breezed past threads, picking and choosing mainly to use my time wisely. I had no idea this was your build! As usual, you're doing excellent work, and glad you're taking to styrene molding w/hot water.

You're just getting too good at this! :)

If I ever manage to get myself into the new address (new place needed a new roof, all my hard work in the kitchen had to be re-done from a water leak), and away from having to spend every "spare" dime on heating oil and every spare minute chopping firewood (can't tell you how many days and nights here have been single-digit temperatures this winter!!), I'm going to have to work overtime too keep up with your ever-expanding skills. :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Now we need Sato with the right uniform.
Not sure why they only made her with a space suit.

Yeah...especially when they could have made one of her in the 'outfit' she had on when she had to crawl through the duct work! :popcorn

Are you talking about when she was in the duct work or when she just came out? :)
Now I want a better Sato.
Looking for a body online.
Can anyone make uniforms?
I also need some TOS female uniforms for the 8 inch characters.
All I can find are red dresses, and everyone wouldn't have a red dress.
Found some extras (Female Mego action figures) to add to my TOS Bridge I am building for the 8 inch figures.

Last edited:
Wow, talk about coincidence. I was just this weekend buying an extra Reed station to make up the Merryweather helm, and was googleing reference pics and found this thread.

Great work on the helm, looks fantastic.
I too wasn't sure about how to convert the Reed station to make a helm, since the parts don't really match at all. I think the way you are going is the only thing to do.
It is a pity that Art Asylum didn't finish off this line, because at the time, they were producing very good sculpts of the respective actors. I remember asking in a Q&A on their website if they would ever go back and finish this line, but for them it was dead in the water.
Looking forward to more updates on this. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back