Sadly the CF card in my good camera is completly gone, and not readable anymore, so all early stage WIP photos are gone.
It's my second model build since I was a boy, so it goes along a bit slowly, but I had two weeks off work at the start of this month, so I got quite a bit done.
I started building this model by doing a rough 3d model from which i made a pepakura file. It's about 33cm long (that would be about 13 inches?). Starting with a paper model I continued using paper and cardboard (and a few styrene pieces). It's about 95% percent cardboard and paper (not counting the nacelles, which will be cast in resin) plus about two cans of primer so far
Right now it's about 80-90% finished, i still have to cast the nacelles, which I intend to cast in clear resin for lighting purposes. I have allready put some blinking LEDs in as nav. lights. The cockpit and the orange glowy things between the nacelles and main body are lit too.
The paintjob needs some touching up too, but nothing to serious.
I am trying to add some pictures, let's see what I can find on my backup camera (which is not that good, quality whise).
I know, it's not really screen accurate, I made some mistakes in the 3d model, which i detected too late but it just looks a bit more streamlined, so nothing too bad.