Space 1999 Lanch Pad for the 12" or the 11" Eagles.

Randy, I will be watching your painting and lighting of the kit. Any guess on the cost of the lighting kit and the power source required?

I believe there are 45 lights on the cross and some lighting in the embarkation building/windows.

I am not going to make any guess on cost at this time... I do know that the power source will be a wall transfomer...

The Space 1999 docking platfrom parts arrived yesterday. All the parts are crisp and going together with ease, I will be sanding filling and layout the lighting system in days to come. Any questions you can always call me... Thanks for looking at this amazing new kit! Randy Space 1999 Dock1 (15).JPG

Attachments

• Space 1999 Dock1 (1).JPG
    Space 1999 Dock1 (1).JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 67
The Space 1999 docking platfrom parts arrived yesterday. All the parts are crisp and going together with ease, I will be sanding filling and layout the lighting system in the days to come. Any questions you can always call me... Thanks for looking at this amazing new kit from Larson Models! RandyView attachment 359719Space 1999 Dock1 (3).JPGSpace 1999 Dock1 (4).JPGSpace 1999 Dock1 (7).JPGSpace 1999 Dock1 (9).JPGSpace 1999 Dock1 (12).JPGSpace 1999 Dock1 (14).JPGSpace 1999 Dock1 (19).JPGSpace 1999 Dock1 (18).JPGSpace 1999 Dock1 (13).JPGSpace 1999 Dock1 (11).JPGSpace 1999 Dock1 (10).JPG

Got the main model parts mocked up for test fit. Also started drilling out port access for wiring around the main circle area...
Launch Pad1 (4).JPGLaunch Pad1 (5).JPGLaunch Pad1 (1).JPGPlatform Hog Out (2).JPGPlatform Hog Out (4).JPGPlatform Hog Out (5).JPGPlatform Hog Out (7).JPGPlatform Hog Out (8).JPG

Can't wait to see what you do with this. Is the cross platform supplied with the kit I haven't seen any pictures of it yet?

I dont plan on doing a motorized loading ramp on this build up, however the model slide part could be easly modified to support a motorized system.

Not too much to show this time around , but did get the blocking in place and started buiding the eagle to display on the finished pad... Also did a moon texture test for the platform...More to come soon... Randy
S 1999 Pad2 (1).JPGS 1999 Pad2 (6).JPGS 1999 Pad2 (10).JPGS 1999 Pad2 (10).JPGS 1999 Pad2 (11).JPGS 1999 Pad2 (15).JPGS 1999 Pad2 (16).JPGS 1999 Pad2 (17).JPGS 1999 Pad2 (18).JPGS 1999 Pad2 (19).JPG

I think I understand the blocks of wood in the waiting dock but I don't understand the small blocks in the center of the rounded corners??

I see you cut the Eagle cockpit windows out and it looks like you're drilling out the cages of the Eagle.

Hi richardl, The wood blocking around the center of the corners and the waiting dock are mounting blocks to attach the main model to the platform. If there was no blocking the model would slide off the platform. The Eagle is getting lighting in the cockpit windows, the drill out is for the wire... Randy

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back