Since I'm sorta bouncing between projects right now waiting for parts'n'things I thought I'd show some progress on one of them. I finally got 'round to starting work on my resin kit of Serenity, mastered by the very talented "Styrofoam Guy".
So far I've made some progress on the paint job (sorry for the bad pics... no time for a proper shoot). I'm going for the not-often-seen "patchy" multi-colored look shown on the cover of the Official Companion Volume 2. Most others seem to go for the silver-grey look.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
Technique used so far:
Sprayed the ship with Plasticote silver metallic. Gave it a couple thinned out washes of Tamiya acrylic, which I proceeded to rub off with window cleaner after it was dry. Next, I airbrushed the patchwork (without masking... I was lazy that day) and then tore most of it off in flakes with duct and cheap masking tape. Last, I gave the whole thing a coat of matte lacquer to dull the metal sheen a little and even out the look.
Now all I gotta do is start on the detailing!
(Thanks to the Wackychimp for hosting!)