Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Woah! Welcome back! I missed your updates. What a beautiful model you have there! Interested to see what develops. :cool

Lookin' great!

Check out these early Johnston studies for ship interior layout that I found on the web. They were obviously superceded later, given that the way the sets were built (relation of the hold to the cockpit corridor the big giveaway) but it's neat to see they were having the same difficulties cramming those sets in there as we have.

(apologies if already covered)

I love those drawings. It looks like he might have been drawing from exterior plans that had already been worked out. The plan view, and the front elevation look like they might have been drawn using blueprints of the fullscale as a template, not to mention that the landing gear look like they match their corresponding blueprints. It makes me wonder, at what point did someone say 'forget fitting it, just make the set whatever shape/size you like'

5922245400_cc8d08cf7f_b.jpg

5922245472_d09613a0ed_b.jpg

more progress on the landing ramp, which is also modeled from preview scans out of the new Star Wars Blueprints book.

thanks for the great comments guys!

Very nice

Lookin' great!

Check out these early Johnston studies for ship interior layout that I found on the web. They were obviously superceded later, given that the way the sets were built (relation of the hold to the cockpit corridor the big giveaway) but it's neat to see they were having the same difficulties cramming those sets in there as we have.

(apologies if already covered)

Actually it's even bizarre than that because it seems this has been drawn during ESB preproduction, as the date says 1 September 1979. What is also intriguing in this is the scale of the Falcon, they are portraying accommodations that fits inside the full scale exterior 26,7m Falcon set!

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveStarkiller

The model was built from a fairly low-res copy of ESB plans for the greebles of the full scale falcon (underside), which are presented in JW Rinzler's new book of blueprints.…

Oh thanks for pointing this out, I didn't knew about it, for those interested here's the thing:
Falcon-Blueprint-e1308862017223.jpg

Story_behind%20_MillenniumFalcon.jpg

Are you sure the bottom view blueprint is the actual full scale falcon?
Because according to the legend box, it is for Episode II.
Sure I noticed the floodlights witch are only seen on the full scale ESB falcon, but on the other hand there is no boarding ramp cut out on the starboard. Couldn't it be that they condensed multiple falcon aspects into one for the CG model they created for multiple easter egg cameos?:
starwarsmelfalcon2.jpg

aotc_falcon.jpg

falcon_egg.jpg

00935fcopy.jpg

Anyway I agree it may be the most accurate falcon blueprint ever seen :eek
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveStarkiller
Hey guys,

I'm working on rendering the walkthrough of the Falcon.

‪Millennium Falcon in Docking Bay 94‬‏ - YouTube

I know it's on the cartoony side, buts what I've got the tools for right now. tell me what you think.

Very nice! Personally I would like a slower camera move though, try to match the average speed of a person walking…

Actually Empire Strikes Back was referred to as "Episode II" on a number of production drawings from that movie.

such as, I'm pretty sure, the plan view of Echo Base that appears in the old making-of empire, as well as others.

Actually Empire Strikes Back was referred to as "Episode II" on a number of production drawings from that movie.

such as, I'm pretty sure, the plan view of Echo Base that appears in the old making-of empire, as well as others.
You're right Steve:
Star-Wars-The-Blueprints-The-Book-JW-Rinzler-x380.jpg

“Star Wars: The Blueprints” Book To Feature Original Production Material from Lucasfilm Archives, Now Available To Order Online : The Original Prop Blog – Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource
I'm so happy to be wrong :rolleyes
I must have that book, I must have that book, I must have that book, I must have that book, I must have that book, I must have that book, I must have that book, :love

I must have that book, I must have that book, I must have that book,

no kidding savmagoett! I can't believe the work Rinzler has been putting out, it is simply incredible.

Brinn, I get the same feeling. Even though I created the video, I find my self watching it over and over. For years it's been an idle daydream of mine to time travel to the sets of star wars and snap about a billion photos. This is the next best thing!

no kidding savmagoett! I can't believe the work Rinzler has been putting out, it is simply incredible.

Brinn, I get the same feeling. Even though I created the video, I find my self watching it over and over. For years it's been an idle daydream of mine to time travel to the sets of star wars and snap about a billion photos. This is the next best thing!
I too have been fantasizing about that for a long time!
I'd call that "virtual tourism". Some kind of simulation where one could go freely trough the worlds of star wars. Of course these worlds have been recreated many times for video games, but none of them ever felt like the real thing to me. Lately though, technology got mature enough to bring us some nicely done star wars environements. I'm thinking of a mix between "The Force Unleashed" for the look, "Knights Of The Old Republic" for the mood and "Star Wars Battlefront" for the freedom to move around anywhere you want by foot or using vehicles going by land, air or space. All of it with 100% screen accuracy without any concession to usual game concerns like: gameplay, creating new places, computer capability, etc…

one of those versions of rogue squadron had a sizable number of playable scenes straight out of the movies, and didn't make too many sacrifices for gameplay.

‪Star Wars: Rebel Strike - Death Star Rescue - Ace-Medal‬‏ - YouTube

not the best thing ever, and other non-movie levels are kind of annoying, but still fun.
Looks good indeed!
but yeah, if I had infinite time and energy, i would pretty much just recreate every location and scene from A New Hope
What? Not Echo Base, Cloud City or Jabba's palace?:cry

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back