scratchbbuild 2 foot Star destroyer

raaoc

picture013lf.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]Hi guys i am new to this forum, have started my first major scratch build a 5 foot star destroyer, i would love to show some pics of it but I do not know how to up load pics from my computer (not very techno savvy with these modern things). if any body can tell me how, that would me much appreciated as I would like to show off this monster and get your feed back on it.
cheers raaoc

Last edited:
When you post a reply look below for the button that says "Manage Attachments" you can select the pics you want to add then hit submit Reply it's the easier way to upload it straight from your computer, your build looks like it's off to a good start welcome on board.

Last edited:
you have to upload images to an external photo hosting site (photobucket seems to work best) and use their direct link option. copy that link and when you post a reply, these is a little icon above where you write your post with a picture of mountains and a sun/moon thingy. paste the link and do so for every picture you want to post. that will work. welcome to therpf.

Nice work. Are you working completely from scratch, just images and small reference models, or are you working from a set of plans?

How are you going to manage the fine detail?

I imagine that it will weigh quite a lot when finished with all that wood. :)

No I found a plan for a paper model online and took it to my local printing shop and got them to blow them up, i also downloaded a bunch of of images of the new hope studio model and the empire studio model and are using them along with sculpting a galaxy book as reference, the bulk of the model is 3mm MDF board, the frame i have glued it to is extremely light but strong, the part i am not looking forward to is when it is fully sheeted in 1mm evergreen is scribing all the panel lines.

Hi guys, managed to do a bit more work on the stuperstructure, got it all finished , now i can sheet the command tower fully with evergreen and start to flesh it out with kit parts to really make it star to look like a star destroyer
picture051kl.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Wow! This looks great! I wish I had room for a project this size...everyone needs a giant Star Destroyer.

hi guys, just got the cabinet knobs that are the perfect match to the star destroyers deflector shield generator domes, got these on Ebay for $12 and free delivery. wow this really helps me as I can now start to move forward on the tower build
picture057c.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG](y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)devil

Hi guys sorry i havn't done an update on the build, but work is in the way. Anyhow I finally sheeting the control tower and mounted the shield generator domes and started to detail the bay at the rear of the tower, when i have sanded it smooth i will scribe the panel lines and start to add the detail to really make it start to flesh it out.
Also i have built 2 and a 1/2 of the main engines, will get round to finishing these off this week sometime
picture043mn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
picture043mn.jpg
[/URL] [/IMg]

Last edited:
Hi guys here are the latest updates on the star destroyer build, i have done the basics for the radar tower and will shortly be starting the detailing on this here are some pic's of my progress.
sdvid005.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi guys it is with sad regrets i have to inform you that the project is no more, after a bad misshap with my two dogs,(god i came so close to killing the buggers) the star destroyer is no more, the only thing that was able to be salvaged was the bridge which i will continue to work on and at least have that in the collection. On a bright note this has given me new enthusiasm to try ti scratch build a bubble fighter from the film oblivion, what a magical looking ship, not sure on what size to build it at, just trying to get enough reference pics on it,. Not a lot out there, hoping that they do a art work or making of the film book to help with references on this fantastic ship.
Wish me luck and will keep you posted on this build (only won't be letting dogs into modelling room this time, lesson learned)
Cheers Raaoc

That's too bad about the mishap. I abandoned my first attempt, however I learned a lot and my second attempt (currently still working on it) is progressing better. Sometimes disastrous moments brings a hidden blessing.

thanks for the support guy's, hope to post something soon on this bubble fighter from Oblivion soon.
Cheers raaoc

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back