Scratch built Star Destroyer NEW PICS WITH LIGHTS by Daniel Beck page 6

Re: Scratch built Star Destroyer 2nd attempt

Thanks very much julien. It means a lot coming from the master himself!:D Here is an updated pic after I have done a little more work.

IMG_1310.JPG

Well, it's greeblie's market in there and I love it...yeah the scribing is a pain, but in the end it adds something special to the whole ship:cool

Starting on the main hangar bay. I used pencil lead for a mechanical pencil to build the rafters. I then used a slightly larger pencil lead for the crane track. this was difficult to build because the lead is very brittle and breaks easily.

IMG_0484.JPGIMG_0490.JPGIMG_0493.JPGIMG_0495.JPGIMG_0496.JPG

shortly after working on the hangar bay it became apparent to me that the hangar was a little too narrow. The red lines represent how much wider the bay needs to be in order to fit the rest of the detail. So I had to cut the hull and rebuild the detail surrounding the bay.

IMG_0496.JPG

Here are some updated pics of the hangar bay now that I have widened it. I still have a little more detail to add and I'm going to replace the crane claw with a better one.

IMG_0590.JPGIMG_0762.JPGIMG_0763.JPGIMG_0765.JPG

Working on the detail on the rear of the bridge neck. Once again I used pencil lead for the bars running along the rear panel, then used greeblies to fill in the rest of the detail. This piece went through several changes before I was saticefied.

IMG_3291.JPGIMG_3298.JPGnew1 (3).JPGnew1 (4).JPGnew1 (5).JPG

Looking Good. Why may ask do you use pencil lead and not styrene.

This model started out on a very tight budget so I just used a lot of cheap materials. I later purchased some styrene strips but I had already completed this part and am relatively saticefied with it.

The lead trick is a good one (don't mind if I use it meself;)) That hangar bay looks wicked!

Thanks to all for the comments! As I stated before, the support on this site very encouraging!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back