Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED.

Re: Scratch Built Red Bull Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1

I am stunned by the incredible amount of detail. True craftsmanship.

Morning Everyone,
Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate you stopping by and leaving me a message, thanks.
Well after working on the design for the main hydraulic actuators for the flaps it was onto the airbrake actuators.
Wanted to make them a bit smaller, with a different design from the main ones, most of my time was spent experimenting, constructing, adjusting and fabricating quite a few sets of actuators.
I also positioned a brace with a central pivot for the airbrake actuators to attach to.

Picture001.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture013-1.jpg

Used small diameter bar to make braces for the back of the wings, then trimmed and sanded them.

Picture023-1.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Made a smaller airbrake actuator for the small fixed side wings, very little room to work in this area.

Picture052.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Started on a small wiring hub for the back section, will be adding more details to this later on.

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture028.jpg

This is where i'm currently at, I feel like i've made very little progress in the last few weeks, the planning process is very slow sometimes and you just have to be patient and try lots of different options then all of a sudden something clicks into place and then that gives you another idea, then another and then your off and running again, but i think i will have to make some various detail pieces as i don't seem to be finding what i need in my bits box.

Picture056.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Going to add more wiring and pipe lines next.
I might have to buy a few more donor kits if i can't make it work with what i've got, but we shall see.
Take care
Gag

Holy wow! Every post you add incredible detail. A very inspiring build.

I have no words....... Incredible work.
Each and every parts are so cool.

katsu

All these intricate and detailed parts look so functional. In the end, I will be disappointed if this ship isn’t capable of flying on its own. :lol

My god, it's full of... DETAIL! It's fantastic seeing this build proceed and take shape.

Thank you guys for stopping by and giving your positive feed back, it is what drives me forward with this build.

Soooooooo, What's it been all about then. I've been doing alot of thinking about my details this week, yes the smell of burning rubber was coming from me. ;D
At the start of the week I really couldn't seem to make anything 'go' together on the back of the wings, then one idea came then another and another and we were off and running again.
The starting point was this little vent

Picture%2520060.jpg

Picture%2520063.jpg

Then I added a few more details

Picture%2520075.jpg

Then it was just one idea after another, the cabling came first

Picture%2520076.jpg

Picture%2520077.jpg

Added other smaller assemblies until the whole area took shape.

Picture%2520080.jpg

Picture%2520084.jpg

I used some bendy straws and various styrene tubing for the main fuel line delivery assembly

Picture%2520089.jpg

Added an additional control box as one of the destinations for some wires and figured out the paths of the actuator control lines.

Picture%2520102.jpg

i also made a heat shield for the main fuel delivery line

Picture%2520104.jpg

I then gave the actuators a coat of black primer and then a crome silver top coat.

Picture%2520111.jpg

Added some more details to fill gaps in the back area

Picture%2520117.jpg

I then put both rear detail panels on the back of the ship to see what it looked like. I'm very pleased with it.

Picture%2520122.jpg

Picture%2520123.jpg

Picture%2520124.jpg

And thats about as far as i've got.
Still more detailing to do on the rear panels but I've been having a serious shortage of donor kits this week, then on Wednesday a member from this very RPF contacted me and donated 5 various scale tank models to my build, very generous of him.
Thank you so much MIKE J.
You said you added some extras in the parcel along with the tanks, it's like Secret Santa, very excited to see what you sent me.

Thanks mate.

Its nice to know that there are still good guys left in the world, he wouldn't take anything for them in return, what a nice bloke.

I'm sending him a little something on Monday.

Thanks for stopping by folks

Gagsterman

Nice vents. :love

Always good to see progress on this build!

-Mike J.

Incredible work in every time.
You are really stepping on the gas to the floor.
Just sigh!!!:eek

Hm... what's the term.... oh yeah, Freakin Awesome! I love scratch built stuff and seeing what people come up with. I was looking at your progress shots where it starts off as bits and pieces all over the place... then it starts to take form and ends with that lovely "real" look to it... Bravo good sir... look forward to seeing the completed project :D

Hey TheNylonGag,
Still watching your AMAZING progress! Still absolutely AMAZED by it!
You are an absolutely A1 talent and deserve whatever contributions your fans can send you. I am upset that all I can contribute are just these words!
I hope you do not mind but I have been downloading your progress pictures. Not to share or post elsewhere and most definitely not to copy your creation, I am not capable of that magnitude of work. (I have had some personal success at scratch-building models but nothing on this scale or detail!) But simple to admire at my leisure and hopefully as inspiration for simpler modifications to models I do build. If for any reason this is not acceptable please do not hesitate to let me know and I will, reluctantly, delete them.
All my best from a true fan, Petseal

Came home from work today and there was a package from my donor, Mike J.

WOW, you Sir are a Friggin TOP bloke, thank you so much.

This is so generous of you, i am just speechless, and that doesn't happen often.

Picture137_zps9703285b.jpg

I just can't believe it. I had a quick look through and I now have so many greeblies to choose from i don't know what to use first.

I really appreciate this, i hope i do your generosity justice.

Thanks again Buddy

A very happy
Gagsterman

Hey TheNylonGag,
Still watching your AMAZING progress! Still absolutely AMAZED by it!
You are an absolutely A1 talent and deserve whatever contributions your fans can send you. I am upset that all I can contribute are just these words!
I hope you do not mind but I have been downloading your progress pictures. Not to share or post elsewhere and most definitely not to copy your creation, I am not capable of that magnitude of work. (I have had some personal success at scratch-building models but nothing on this scale or detail!) But simple to admire at my leisure and hopefully as inspiration for simpler modifications to models I do build. If for any reason this is not acceptable please do not hesitate to let me know and I will, reluctantly, delete them.
All my best from a true fan, Petseal

I don't mind at all, infact i am very flattered that you like them so much.

Here is a link to the Picasa album with every photo i have taken of the build.
Please feel free to do with them what you like.

Just a warning, there are "ALOT" of pictures

https://picasaweb.google.com/116701934575877611210

Gagster

Last edited:

Glad you like it - now get to work! :lol

-Mike J.

This thread just keeps getting better and better. :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back