QMX Cut-Away SERENITY..

Wolvster1

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I have not been able to say a WORD about this for ages since for " some "
reason it dropped off the radar.... :(

But, QMX is finally going to release the built up " CUT AWAY " Serenity so I thought I'd let
folks know about it as they have it on display at Comic Con this weekend ! :thumbsup

Oh, and the reason I'm posting is because I did the work to bring her from
digital life to real world life for your desktop....

Oh, and I know a few people have asked and she is 12 inches long by 8 inches
wide which makes for a nice " sized " desktop display piece ..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...135582.1073741828.158007655581&type=1&theater

Attachments

• CUT-AWAY-1.jpg
    CUT-AWAY-1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 358
$350 Is actually relatively reasonable... still pricey - but this is a completed kit. Paint looks a little cartoony but still pretty darn nice. I might have to rethink this... I saw the prototype and thought "Cool but at QXM prices I'll never be able to afford it. $350 is on the ragged edge. but making me think :D

Jedi Dade

So these are apparently In Stock and I assume shipping. Has anyone gotten one they'd like to review?

Well i just got mine. A bit more then I would like to pay but much cheaper then their other offerings and the size is pretty good. Looks like it represents the TV version.

Paint scheme is a bit odd and some of the inner details is a bit simplified but a concession to keep the price down I would think. No crew members. Painting on the inside has some nice details.

Engines are poseable. Shuttles are separate. Magnets keep the upper pieces in place so you could see the inside. It isn't resin I would think the same material as the ornament. Detail is a bit soft. The spinning part of the engine is included. It sort of just rest between the main body and the rear section. The flaps at ear of the engine are closed. The stand is a cradle that holds the ship. Gravity holds it in place so an accidental hit can knock the ship off the stand. The photos on the back of the box show the interior, it makes the model look rough but it looks much better in real life.

Overall nicely designed and recommended if you can afford it.

I grabbed one of these as well... Its a nice little model, at a relatively reasonable price. I'm contemplating "weathering" it a bit. The paint is decent, but looks to "clean". a bit of grime might make it look all the more "Shiney" :D

I too love QMx but most of the things I want from them are out of control price wise. I hope this is a good seller so they will rethink their pricing strategies... As it is now I think they are priced to NOT sell very many of certain items... the ones we really want ;) 5-10K for a model - as cool as it is - is out of 99.99.314159% of peoples price range.

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back