Painting question?

DarthVador

I recently purchased the Polar Lights Star Trek Enterprise 1/350 and also purchased the Trek Modeler's light kit for it and since I am really new to painting and lightning.

I have read that you have to paint the inside of the model to block out any light bleeds can some one give me a pointer or point me in the right place where I can read on how to paint my kit to stop any of the light bleeds when I do install my light kit..

I still waiting on both kits so I want to read as much as I can before I start building my new model.

Thank You
ranger1033

Based on experience in hurricane territory I'm more of a white paint for the interior. If you have a bathroom or powder room without a window try this experiment: in the dark point a flashlight at the mirror and then at the ceiling. Which lit the room better?

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

Second that, you don't want to reflect the light you want to diffuse it. Flat white does best. Foil tape is an excellent light blocker, but is best coated in flat white. A couple coats of filler primer will also block light.

Thanks everyone I will not use the tape and take the advice to use a couple coats of flat white paint.

Ok I do have a couple more questions and being it my first time building a model what glue would you all recommend for the model it self along with this kit by Para Grafix.called Refit Enterprise Photoetch Set..And would you recommend this kit? and would also recommend this kit Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise Refit Aztec Decals V2 (TMP GREEN)

Thanks again for all your help..

Thanks everyone I will not use the tape and take the advice to use a couple coats of flat white paint.

Ok I do have a couple more questions and being it my first time building a model what glue would you all recommend for the model it self along with this kit by Para Grafix.called Refit Enterprise Photoetch Set..And would you recommend this kit? and would also recommend this kit Polar Lights 1/350 Enterprise Refit Aztec Decals V2 (TMP GREEN)

Thanks again for all your help..

Here ya go....

Glue - Humbrol precision poly in the yellow bottle.
decals - buy 2 sets in case you tear one.
go to microscale industries and buy micro sol (makes decals fit over irregular surfaces) and micro set (sets the decal in place)
get the photo etch.
buy a bottle of medium CA glue for the photo etch.
buy 2 locking tweezer clamps (surgical tools)
buy a set of 8 small spring clamps for when you glue the saucer shut

Most importantly, scour youtube for videos of others work. Dont be afraid to make mistakes.

good luck!

Here ya go....

Glue - Humbrol precision poly in the yellow bottle.
decals - buy 2 sets in case you tear one.
go to microscale industries and buy micro sol (makes decals fit over irregular surfaces) and micro set (sets the decal in place)
get the photo etch.
buy a bottle of medium CA glue for the photo etch.
buy 2 locking tweezer clamps (surgical tools)
buy a set of 8 small spring clamps for when you glue the saucer shut

Most importantly, scour youtube for videos of others work. Dont be afraid to make mistakes.

good luck!

Thank You so much for your help on all the supplies I need,I will go shopping online for all these items you listed since I have to wait for my lighting kit to come they said it be 6 to 8 weeks before I would get the lights..so I will at least get the needed supplies for my kit..

Any special place I should order the glue and other supplies except the photo etch which I get from para grafix..

Thanks Again

Can anyone tell me what would you recommend for putty to fill in small seems and some small cracks? and what grit sandpaper should I get when I go to sand them down to make the smooth?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back