42" Bronze Millenium Falcon coffee table. PICS UP!!

Weequay

Hey guys, Its finally done!

Its finally done, and we stuck with Bronze :) With a nice retro 70's veneer around the outside.

white1-cropped.jpg

white2-cropped.jpg

white3-cropped.jpg

night1-cropped.jpg

R-9. Sci Fi. Functional. Art

Thanks guys
Weequay

ORIGINAL THREAD BELOW:

Hey guys, though I would share the beginnings of our 42" Falcon build.

We are attemptingto give it a 'pop art' look by only modeling the main shapes. This is destined to cold cast in bronze and set into a glass coffee table. The Falcon will take on a pitched 'flying' pose.

The top of the model is almost complete now, but here are a few of the early photos...in good old 'vintage' B&W :cool

falcontable1vintage.jpg

falcontable3vintage.jpg

falcontable4vintage.jpg

falcontable2vintage.jpg

falcontable5vintage.jpg

falcontable6vintage.jpg

Weequay

Last edited:
Re: Our 42" Millenium Falcon coffee table build...

Hating the B&W photos...we do have color now, you know?...but loving what you are doing. I am watching to see how this turns out. So far, this is looking pretty darned amazing.

Hating the B&W photos...we do have color now, you know?...but loving what you are doing. I am watching to see how this turns out. So far, this is looking pretty darned amazing.

Many thanks for the kind words mate, we really appreciate it. Sorry for the delay too.

I promise the update photos will be colour.... :)

We are getting close to moulding

Weequay

Well, he did say he was going for the vintage look, you know?

I think it looks awesome! Keep us updated!

I Need One!!!

Wow!! I can't wait to see the finished Falcon... but these are GREAT photos!! Thanks for posting them!!

-Bqk333

I love what you are doing. I can't wait to see how amazing it is when its done!!!

Wow, inspiring idea and REALLY nice work so far. It will be kind of weird to have the Falcon cold cast in bronze sitting next to Han Solo freeze casted in carbonite though. ;)

Actually I don't mind black and white as they work well for showing contrast in places with flat lighting. Color is potentially better in some avenues, but not all.

Thanks for the kind kind words guys. We really appreciate it.

Heres a few update pics....in colour this time just for Qui-Gonzalez :)

primer1sized.jpg

primer2sized.jpg

primer4sized.jpg

Let me know what you think. I rekon another week and we will be upto molding.

Weequay

Nice so far. Will the cold casting allow for any greeblie details, or does the thing have to remain clean to get it to de-mold easily? Clean shape or detailed, I would say you've captured the essence of the Falcon shape quite nicely and it has a charm all its own in a clean shape state.

Wow that looks awesome! Very good. It almost seems like its big enough to be the prop used by ILM for the OT. ;)

Really sorry for the very lates reply to this thread guys. Ive been so busy, I forgot to update it.

The idea is to keep this very much 'pop art' so we're keeping it smooth and basic. There will be texture on subtle parts of it though for contrast.

We're not sure of the final cost yet, as we're still working out the details of the glass and etching (its likely the specs of the falscon will be etched into the glass).

The bottom section of the ship is now moulded in silicone. The top will be done next week so not long now :)

Thanks for the support guys
Weequay

Thanks for the support guys.

Heres the bottom mold ready for a test pour in bronze...
falconbasepremould.jpg

falconbasemould.jpg

Just waitning on a our silicone before beginning the top half

Weequay

What a great project to undertake. Can't wait to see how it looks with the glass.

Never cast in bronze. I imagine it would be... scary.

Never the less, it's looking fantastic and I can't wait to see your updates!

This looks absolutely incredible! Are you going to be making these available for purchase? If so, put me on the list!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back