New Hasbro 30" X-Wing Toy - Impressions

See if this helps too:

If we assume the eFx X-Wing is scaled correctly, then here are some numbers to use in your calculations for scale.

The length from those to the rear of the main fuselage (not the engines) is 20.75"

The width of R2 from shoulder to shoulder is 1.15"

The width of Luke's shoulders at the very top is 0.758"

The width of Luke's helmet at the ears is 0.420"

Not sure how I didn't see this earlier, but thank you very much... I can plug those in and see where scaling is sitting everywhere. To clarify what was the measuring point at the other end of your main fuselage end at 20.75"? It wasn't clear to me above. Thanks again for this :)

As far as rear landing gear height, remember in ANH Luke walks under an x-wing and raises his arm to slide his hand along the underside of the wing. I know Luke is a little short, but I would think that would put the bottom of the wing at at least 6 -6.5 ft high. Not sure what that equates to for the bottom of the engine, though.

I just wonder if this could be a precursor to a "Hero" toy that could come out later? Maybe if it sells well, we will see one with a full cockpit, new wings and canons, etc. They continually upgraded the old "Power of the Force" X-Wing and made the Tie into a respectable near SS toy. A "Black Edition" if you will.

I just wonder if this could be a precursor to a "Hero" toy that could come out later? Maybe if it sells well, we will see one with a full cockpit, new wings and canons, etc. They continually upgraded the old "Power of the Force" X-Wing and made the Tie into a respectable near SS toy. A "Black Edition" if you will.

One can only wish...

However, after spending days and days pouring over x-wing threads and searching the internet, it seems there is no real set paint scheme for the x-wing. Every build has a different paint job. So instead of me trying to do what is "right" I am just going to do what I think looks good and go with that.

There is sufficient information regarding the filming miniatures for Red 1 through 6 and Red 12 to accurately paint any of those 7 x-wings from ANH. But you're correct in that each of those 7 x-wings was unique in its paint job. So you could, if you wish, accurately paint the x-wing for Wedge, Luke, Biggs, Porkins, John D, Red Leader, etc. and place the appropriate astromech droid (some were R5 or R4 units) as well as the pilot in the cockpit (if you build a cockpit). It just depends on how strong a touch of OCD you might have... :)

Just found them at "The Warehouse" in New Zealand - NZ$89 - which is about AU$79 - Still expensive but I walked out of the store with 2.

At $40 in the US, I would have probably got two, but at $90 each, that's mental money:facepalm....they'll probably be $120 if they ever get to Oz

Last edited:
I picked up my X--Wing online a few days ago. It's a shame that the wings and engines weren't molded properly, because the detail was pretty good and so were the panel lines. The plastic for the body seems a bit soft. Some reinforcement will be needed in my opinion. I think I will try and salvage the engine nozzles and basically saw off the engines and build the wings and engine from scratch.

TazMan2000

They are already in Australia. TRU have them for $99 and Myer have them for $114.

I was close.....$100 - $114 is mental money. Almost 3 x the price it frigging should be.....I'm so against buying into this blatant price fixing rip off of Australian fans that I will protest by ranting and raving and then buying one:facepalm....okay I'll get two, but dam it I hate you George Lucas.........that money was earmarked for Rum and strippers:angry

I was close.....$100 - $114 is mental money. Almost 3 x the price it frigging should be.....I'm so against buying into this blatant price fixing rip off of Australian fans that I will protest by ranting and raving and then buying one:facepalm....okay I'll get two, but dam it I hate you George Lucas.........that money was earmarked for Rum and strippers:angry

That's misdirected. I'm pretty sure George Lucas is nowhere in this loop, seeing as how he sold Star Wars to Disney. I'm sure the blame lies with your local retailers.

--Alex

No. I blame Hasbro.

How can they justify selling something like this X-Wing in Australia for $99 when it is being sold in the US for $40 USD ($44 AUD) , yet our Kiwi bretheran are paying only $89 NZD ($80 AUD)?

I know these prices are retail but seriously. How much does it cost to make this in China? All products for Hasbro don't get sent to the US for distribution to the rest of the world. They get shipped in direct from China so Hasbro's mark up must be enormous compared to the retailers mark up.

That's misdirected. I'm pretty sure George Lucas is nowhere in this loop, seeing as how he sold Star Wars to Disney. I'm sure the blame lies with your local retailers.

--Alex

Last edited:
No. I blame Hasbro.

How can they justify selling something like this X-Wing in Australia for $99 when it is being sold in the US for $40 USD ($44 AUD) , yet our Kiwi bretheran are paying only $89 NZD ($80 AUD)?

Well, I don't know. As I understand it (and please correct me if you know that I'm wrong) MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) is suggested by the manufacturer. But, actual prices are set by retailers. I'm sure Hasbro sets one MSRP for everyone and ships them to various distributors around the world and then the actual prices are set locally.

So, local retailers are to blame. Or, if not them, then the next step up the chain is the distributor. But not likely the manufacturer.

--Alex

This won't make anybody in Australia or New Zealand happy, but they are 49.99 in Canada. I agree with Albertese on this matter. It's either the local retailer or the distributor.
Just wondering, if anybody down under thought about buying one on a US website and having it shipped to them? Surely shipping couldn't amount to 50 bucks on something so light. (I know it's a large box though)

TazMan2000

--Alex

Really??....that's all you got from my post?......I thought the rum and strippers would have suggested to you my hatred of George was tongue in cheek:lol

At the end of the day....it is what it is....we get ripped off...the end. Not much can be done to change that. I'll have to scout Brisbania to physically see one in person before I part with my stripper money:D

Really??....that's all you got from my post?......I thought the rum and strippers would have suggested to you my hatred of George was tongue in cheek:lol

At the end of the day....it is what it is....we get ripped off...the end. Not much can be done to change that. I'll have to scout Brisbania to physically see one in person before I part with my stripper money:D

Wait, that was a joke?!?!? I thought rum and strippers were actually a part of all Australian's budgets...

:lol

--Alex

Re: New Hasbro 30" X-Wing Toy - Impressions

I'll drink to that. Now....what time are the strippers coming?

Yeah, I can't deny it......we are terrible pissheads:lol....well......I can't speak for the whole country, but I take great pride in it:D

- - - Updated - - -

I've thought about buying it off Amazon which would be delivered for less than $65 AUD. So much better than paying $99.00.

This won't make anybody in Australia or New Zealand happy, but they are 49.99 in Canada. I agree with Albertese on this matter. It's either the local retailer or the distributor.
Just wondering, if anybody down under thought about buying one on a US website and having it shipped to them? Surely shipping couldn't amount to 50 bucks on something so light. (I know it's a large box though)

TazMan2000

Here is my little idea for how I am going to mount this booger to the wall. I got the little piece of wood to the shape I need and have gotten it screwed into the bottom of the fuselage. It is directly under the hidden hole I made under the "millenium falcon" shaped piece on the top. I have already drilled my wall screw holes in it and have the wood screws already in, ready to screw into the wall. I will be able (I hope) to reach these with a long screwdriver through the hidden hole. I have cut a little stencil out of cardstock that has the placement of the holes poked into it. This will serve as my stencil to put the holes and wall anchors into the wall. Then it will just be a matter of lining up the screws to the holes in the wall to mount it. This whole get-up should be mostly invisible (or at least not noticeable) when its all mounted to the wall. Originally I was just going to use just one screw, but I thought two would be better to avoid the ship twisting on the wall. I think I am going to put them at about a "2 o'clock" angle side by side. One ship facing up and one facing down.

I hope this will work. LOL!

Attachments

• 100_0426.JPG
    100_0426.JPG
    890 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back