My take on the NX refit (WIP)

brandomack

Sr Member
I started this project after I saw doug drexler's refit. I felt while it was an improvement on the NX design she still looked kinda awkward....

I see this as being a refit of the NX-08, the DAUNTLESS.

changes made:

slid the saucer forward
made the nacelle strut follow one tangent.
severed both pontoons/outriggers/catamarans along the line of the impulse engines
extended the neck to meet the saucer
re-located the shuttlepod bay below engineering
built up the engineering section

and my model build

added the new shuttlepod bay and display stand

Here are the pics of the glowing bussard collector

and here is my mod of the symmetrical warp field governor.

Last edited:
Wow, a beautiful initial setup. It's great to see people making things from such a short-lived show. I realize that some hardcore ST fans didn't like Enterprise. I loved it, and it looks like this model has a promising future!

I think I saw this on Starship Modeler the other day. It's progressing nicely. I like what you've done so far and can't wait to see it finished. :thumbsup

Brandon,
Great project!!! I love these out of the ordinary projects. I tend to gravitate towards them myself :) Can't wait to see your progress.

Also wanted to welcome Doug!

Will

Last edited:
Hi Brandon!

It's always fantastic to see interest in the NX. A lot of time was spent working out all the details and making it make sense. There isn't a line on it that wasn't intentional. The big Polar Lights model kit is right on the money as I worked closely with them to make it a true physical incarnation of the CG model.

Love your work on the refit. I see it as a Mark IV variant. I think it is a good logical progression toward the Constitution Class. At some point I may alter the NX-01 CG refit to represent your NX-08. When you get to the point of needing them, I can provide Adobe Illustrator files for the graphics. Mike Okuda designed the markings for the NX-01 refit, and they have the proper starfleet flair which was missing from the air version of the NX-01. Mike and I were always disappointed by that, but the powers that be would not allow it. The markings have always been the icing on the cake.

Steve Neil is one of the best resources around, and he will point you in the right direction. He also happens to be one of the nicest guys around.

We can talk about how you plan to detail the NX-08 refit out, but I don't want to get in your hair, as I am enjoying seeing what you are coming up with on your own.

Best,
Doug

Thank you, everyone! I really do appreciate all of your encouragement. This build is so much fun!

I'm learning tons. I do have to say though....

I had to take a very deep breath prior to making that first cut into the model, I felt like I was defacing the Holy of Holies, but once It was started, it had to be finished.

I'm grinning ear to ear right now.

I just bought most of what I need electronics-wise off of ebay for less than 30 bucks

thanks again for your info, Steve.

missing one piece though. I need the female part of a 12V/1A DC jack.
cant seem to find it. anyone?

Fantastic job. I love the design, it will look stunning parked next to the NX-01. What colors are you planning to use for the hull, aztecing, {if any}?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back