My sonny corleone death scene

joker-scar

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey guys, I am a average modeler but this is my best piece.

DEATH OF SONNY CORLEONE

On June 22, 1971 “The Godfather” unit moved to a deserted runway on Floyd Bennett Field near Mineola, New York. The assassination sequence took three days to film and cost $100,000.00 . James Caan was rigged with more than 100 explosive squibs. The “Master” shot of the sequence was done in the 1st take while all the close-ups were covered in the remaining 3 days of shooting. Overall there were over 400 squibs rigged to Caan, the pristine 1941 Lincoln Continental and the toll booth set.

-MONOGRAM 1941 Lincoln Continental Convertible 1/24 th scale.
- Kit bashed to have passenger door open and converted into a hardtop version.
- Converted 1/24th German tank crew member into Sonny Corleone.
- Scratch built toll booth.

"Look how they massacred my boy."

This is one of the coolest builds I've ever seen on the RPF.

Just awesome!

great model...I actually got my name from the movie the godfather...

Great movie...well great first and second movie..the third never happened!

I love it! Great choice of subject. Terrific attention to detail, too. The scratch-built tollbooth is especially impressive.

Thanks for sharing this with us! :love

Very cool, eye opening details. Can I ask how you made the bullet holes? and how you secured the windshield fragments ;)

I used a very small drill bit and then used silver paint around the edges for the exposed metal look. I just glued every bit of windshield and wood splinter down where they lie with tweezers and much patience.

Very cool, eye opening details. Can I ask how you made the bullet holes? and how you secured the windshield fragments ;)

Very clever diorama. I am so used to just seeing dioramas of Harry Hausen films, Godzilla or Star Wars. This was a great idea and really well executed.
How did you modify the tank crew member?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back