I have been inspired by a few members here who have modified some Hasbro toys in the past so I've decided to start my own thread about modifying my A-Wing. I'm tempting fate with this because I have a bad habit of leaving things unfinished and it is for this reason my wife does not allow me to buy any more models (my first wife was the same and it is plainly obvious they don't understand this hobby).
Anyway, I've started to remove the thick rivets and, using a pinvice, made new ones. The landing gear has been taken out and the holes plugged. The canopy hinge mechanism has also been removed and those holes filled as well.
I've started to detail the engine ring at the rear but getting the even placement of the styrene strips is still to be sorted.
The other main area of modification is of course the cockpit and I'll try to get this looking as close to the filming miniature as my limited skills will allow.
It will be slow going due to work commitments but will try and update when possible.