MPC Millenium Falcon build...

Docking rings installed as well as side walls. The walls were slightly modified to be less taller and some greeblies were added. Also they were strengthened with epoxy. Used some camouflage makeup to to add some texture to the weathering treatment. Im happy so far. Will start building and designing the lights for the engines as well as the grill pattern in the backside.

IMG_5149 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_5163 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_5118 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_5143 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

Any comments, opinions welcomed!

Well I'm finally prepared to face the Empire. My MF is now armed!

Took some time to drill little holes in the canon's firing end and weathered the glass to match the overall "excessively used" look.

IMG_5173 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_5171 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_5166 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

IMG_5179 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

20150213_173757 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

I would like to take the time to comment on the overall quality of this kit. Its not the best kit and needs lots of work to get it decent, but IMO, once painted and detailed it really shines. My hats off to the guys that take the time and effort to get this kit as close as the original MF as possible. Its a LOT of work!

As I said before, my experience with models (been building since the 80's, and I'm 42 years old) consisted of cars, and many military models and planes. This is my first "spaceship" and it wont be the last! Its been a learning experience (makeup as weathering technique...?? who knew!?) but also lots of fun, specially over the weekends, to relieve some of the stress of daily life.

I hope I didn't bored you to death with my opinion...or with the kit and build thread itself, LOL!

Another boring update! LOL!

Completed the underside canon and canopy along with corresponding weathering and battle damage.

20150301_181856 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

20150301_181921 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

Fitted both halves. The MPC Falcon is legendary for its poor overall fitment so it required lots of work. They are not glued yet.

20150301_182856 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

20150301_182912 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

Also completed detail and weathering of the center area between the front mandibles.

20150301_165751 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

20150301_165922 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

Now I will start to design the posterior engine area for the subsequent LED placement and electrical installation.

Looks like Han's been parking her near the ocean with all that rust eating her up... he's earned a good vacation I guess :D

Jedi Dade

Looks like Han's been parking her near the ocean with all that rust eating her up... he's earned a good vacation I guess :D

Jedi Dade

That's from visiting some 'smuggler's holes' on thoroughly unpleasant planets... squish! "This ground feels funny..."

R/ Robert

Might be because its close up but it looks a little much for my taste ;) for me rust is an accent more that the color of any "panel" if you know what I mean... here's a pic of the 5 footer I took at the Magic of Myth tour. From a little further away its there but not as prominent. Overall your weathering is really good - please don't take this as a real criticism. I was making a joke referring to your post earlier about its several years after ROTJ... and what Han might have been doing at that time and the rust on the ole girl :D

P6130215.JPG

Jedi Dade

Very nice ! I believe I will try to tackle one of these soon. I have a scratch built model I'm getting ready to paint and I've been researching painting and weathering techniques. I like the extreme weathering route you chose...

Thanks!

Another little update:

Found my LEDS and build the grill following the design of the original ship. A translucent plastic is placed between the LEDS and the grill to make the light as close as the look of the original.

Mine:

20150307_165320 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

Original:

star-wars-the-force-awakens-millennium-falcon-imax.jpg

More to follow later....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back