MPC ERTL Shuttle Tydirium done

Dymerski

Sr Member
Just finished this for a customer. I dont remember this kit being so bad when I was a kid. Sink holes, miscast parts and warpage we just a few of the problems.
I did some super detailing to the wings

Dean

I remember building this 20 some years ago. It turned out great, but the biggest thing I didnt like about the kit was, the parts were too big. If you glued the top half to the bottom half, and the glue wasn cured you couldnt mount the wings. you had to wait a few days in order to go to the next step.
But this kit turned out GREAT!! Good on you man, Great job!!(y)thumbsup

Yeah, nearly all of AMT/Ertl's kits need work to make them look presentable. Excellent work Dean! I particularly like your judicious use of weathering--very subtle!

There is a small hobby shop a town over from me that has these old MPC kits for sale for a really good price. Is it worth picking them up, or should I pinch pennies until I can by the better offerings from Fine Molds?

Honestly, I'm the only one who is ever going to see them, so being perfectly detailed is not of the utmost importance to me. Opinions?

There is a small hobby shop a town over from me that has these old MPC kits for sale for a really good price. Is it worth picking them up, or should I pinch pennies until I can by the better offerings from Fine Molds?
Buy FineMolds. They are all to scale and not all over the place like these and their detail is far superior. However, they haven't made an Imperial Shuttle yet.

Very nicely done. The color and weathering job are fantastic!

I think this design is my favorite from the OT, next to the Falcon that is.

Very nice dean, heres my attempt!
imp9.JPGView attachment 310476View attachment 310473View attachment 310474

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back