Moebius B-9 Lost In Space Robot X 3

mmmmmmmmmmm, i dont have that capability for the collar although i see exactly where it is going. I might have to have a think about this as the idea seems sounds. I just thought it might look a little bit out of scale if you know what i mean; its certainly seems as though those pieces are a lot bigger than the clear pieces supplied with the kit? What is the diameter of those collar rods anyway? Thanks for the link though,ill use that build as reference as well if you don't mind?

Last edited:
I just thought it might look a little bit out of scale if you know what i mean

Yes, the scale on the masudaya kit was wonky all over compared to the precision of the moebius. The rods I'm using this time are much thinner: 1.57 mm, only about a half mm thicker than the kit parts (any thinner and I don't think I could fit the thin fibre ops through), I can live with that small difference for the purpose of lighting that up. I showed you that build so you could reference if it helps you in case my thread here is moving a little slow for you. Eventually I'll get to it all & you'll see it right here. :D

Just solved major car problems that were preventing me from getting my paint & stuff to continue, but presently in the midst of really not-so-fun neck spasms due to scoliosis aggravated by years of too-enthusiastic stunt work.:freak::wave:

Last night I finished prepping the ParaGrafix etch.

Bending & priming & painting & attachment is next.
Hard to concentrate on fine details with pain, but I *am* workin' on it.

Looks nice Chris, i'm trying to scope the best way to light the brain at the moment, i have the rest of lighting sorted on a breadboard but need to build the circuit up. I might just start work on the legs this weekend just to get me started :) Ill be following your build alongside mine.

Well, your build inspired me to spring for a kit. About $47 with shipping on fleabay. May I ask your source for the voice modules and lighting?

It's been *so* long since I've actually built a model kit; this looks like a fun way to get back into things. :)

Today I spent way too much time agonizing (Your agonizer, please.) over how to efficiently and solidly secure the halves of the torso together so they can be separated for battery replacement. Even made test parts after some thinking

and realized that my neck pain was so gorram distracting I wasn't taking into account that I could easily put the battery in the FEET!!!
I'll just semi-permanently button up the torso after wiring & place the battery down south.
Oh well, I've wasted time before, this ain't nothing new.

Cant wait, just ordered the tubes. Did you just use fibre through them, im guessing that at this scale it should be enough to replicate the look. I was thinking of trying a 3mm LED on the ends of the tube but wonder if it will be too large and look a little daft. I don't think that using the supplied 'heads' with a fibre at the back of them would illuminate enough What do you think?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back