Model Hogwarts

The Knight Bus is a nice touch! I really like it.
You can do all of Hogsmeade next :lol just kidding! But if you did, it would be fantastic!

Looks fantastic! I may need to take up scale model trains so I can build this. I have a huge empty game room at the moment, 16'x30'... I wonder if I could do London, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, Privet drive... See you all in 20 years!

Looks fantastic! I may need to take up scale model trains so I can build this. I have a huge empty game room at the moment, 16'x30'... I wonder if I could do London, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, Privet drive... See you all in 20 years!

haha that definitely would take 20 years! :lol We've seen an amazing Hogwarts here. Hogsmeade Station is so fantastic its hard to find any words thats are good enough to describe it :lol I'd love to see a model Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. Even the Burrow and 4 Privet Drive would be amazing!

wide shots of the station:

15h2b1d.jpg

dlqn13.jpg

-Clay

It reminds of the models the film makers make. They Hogwarts and Hogsmeade in Film Wizardry. This is better than their Hogsmeade model :) All you need is the whole village :lol

I found horse-drawn carriages (brougham) as cast white metal kits in OO scale (1/76) from Langley Models in the UK. I'll be adding better looking lamps on these than what came with them, but I think these are going to look good next to the station by the Knight Bus. I had to photograph these off the layout as as I have it crated for transport to the show at the RailRoad Museum of PA in Strasburg, PA in a couple of weeks. ...& don't the threstrals look amazing?

2jewwfq.jpg

those are really cool :) the thestrals look amazing too! I've never seen such detail. Did you find the thestrals or make them yourself? :lol but seriously, you just keep making it cooler than ever!

Also, I went back and saw where you said you used 4 inch PVC for the big tower on Hogwarts and wanted to ask.. How is that measured? Is 4 inches the radius or the diameter? thank you :)

Last edited:
I think that's the diameter of the inside of the pipe. It was on the shelf at Home Depot labled as 4" PVC pipe.

Here's a copy of the rough plan I made up to work from while building:

iymmhv.jpg

Rob,

It may be that the hosting site for my uploaded photos is blocked by your IT infrastructure if you're on a networked enterprise. Here is the same shot uploaded to the RPF:

6856-plan.jpg

WOW...that's awesome, cg...thanks for posting that!

And you're right....I'm at work, and the IT is blocking the storage site; no biggie, though, as I can access this thread when i get home, so I can keep up with the progress! :thumbsup

Rob

cool :) I think I'll go with that size of pvc and go from there. I think I can guesstimate mostly everything else using that :D your plans there will be tons of help as well! since I'm going to the version in DH Part 2, I will need to adjust a few things

Here are some shots from today's show at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania. We ran on the left all day and brought out our British trains in honor of the Museum's Hogwarts Express party weekend

jpd27k.jpg

331jfw0.jpg

k50oc5.jpg

1605v84.jpg

wusemq.jpg

23mmngh.jpg

mcusu8.jpg

2624ion.jpg

acubg7.jpg

6e2g4y.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back